Cobalts SS banner

BOV stock SS-TC

12K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  skoal*boy 
#1 ·
hey! i just got a BOV but where i went to install he told me i cant because the tube is in plastic what did u do to make it work and installed properly? if i just replace it where the the orignal car BOV is, is it going to work properly and make the sound its supposed to? o do i absolutely have to buy the a metal tubing to replace the plastic one? if so how is that called? thanks in advance!

#2 ·
I honestly wouldn't put a aftermarket BOV on your TC..... If you install a good intake such as the K&N 69-4518TTK you'll get the sound you're looking for!! I don't have an external BOV and my car sounds awesome!!! I'd return it and get the K&N system, I have them in stock as well!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley

#6 ·
I know that I don't have the TC and this is what I am curious about:

If you do the intake and charge piping, I know that you would hear the whistle from the TC but would you hear a nasty little grimlin shriek with the stock BOV??

That is what I would make the TC sound like the first day I would get one. Like:

Whaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrraaaaaaa. Pshhhhhh-EEEEEELLEEEEEEEEEWWWEEEEELLLEEEE!

#10 ·
not true i had a modified air box before i go the hahn intake and charge piping, and i heard a vast improvement of bov noise just from the air box mod, no real power gains to speak of but huge improvement as far as noise goes

#12 ·
Not so true yourself, Yes your going to beable to hear the differance after you add both the charge piping and intake yourself in your car. But someone on the side of the road isnt going to beable to hear that bov unless you have an aftermarket bov.

#13 ·
once again not true significant increase in noise inside car and outside of the car, sounds completely different

much bigger difference if you switch to a bov from the stock bpv that is on the turbo ill agree with you there but just modifying the intake box will get you some decent sound from the bypass valve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.