Cobalts SS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ight i know everyones tired of talking bout the BOV's for the 08-10 turbo balts BUT if someone can just point me in the right direction to a good BOV prefurably with the piping and everything i would really just like to buy it all at once make it easier on myself and the cars cpu wont freak out if i put one on will it? thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was actually getting on here to ask a very similar question. This is my next buy for my cobalt and i have no idea what will work! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all!

·
Registered
43 Posts
ight i know everyones tired of talking bout the BOV's for the 08-10 turbo balts BUT if someone can just point me in the right direction to a good BOV prefurably with the piping and everything i would really just like to buy it all at once make it easier on myself and the cars cpu wont freak out if i put one on will it? thanks
Honestly, you should probably just wait until Hahn comes out with their's for the 08-10 tc. It should be pretty soon and they have the piping for anything you could need and all of their parts > any other brand by far. If you pay for the name. There site is Turbotechracing.com but also check out modernperformance.com -> same parts cheaper price. saved almost 75$ i think on my exhaust. But yeah just keep checkin up on the turbotech site for the BoV.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
hahns BOV should have come out a few months ago. but i have been taking to the guy that hahns uses his car for testing out all of there parts. As far as i know its going to be awhile, something went wrong during testing, same wiht the 20g turbo.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yea. You could aslso get one from ZZp I think. Or eBay. They have vendors that sell stuff for pretty cheap

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats a big no i really dont trust ebay stuff...dky i just dont like the feeling of it id rather buy from an actual like company

·
Registered
79 Posts
They are companies. IF they dont use PayPal dont trust em. PayPal has buyer protection. If you get stiffed you get your money back. I didnt trust eBay for the longest of time as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have hks and i have factory bov delete plate and just running it on my charge pipe sounds great i had it a y in the line running both the factory and the aftermarket a little quietier but not much. u just have to have the charge piping. mine throws a code but i dont care cause i have inteceptor gauges and just clear it, it doesnt throw a code with the y though just so ur not confused

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have hks and i have factory bov delete plate and just running it on my charge pipe sounds great i had it a y in the line running both the factory and the aftermarket a little quietier but not much. u just have to have the charge piping. mine throws a code but i dont care cause i have inteceptor gauges and just clear it, it doesnt throw a code with the y though just so ur not confused
nice, yeah I would forsure go with a a GReddy Type R or an HKS. I still need to get my Charging pipe first though ><.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Why replace the stock one? Is it not good?

PS. I just bought a SS/TC so i don't know the quality of the stock parts. I do have a lot of experience with turbo components, but I don't know how the stock stuff stands up. The way I look at it though, if the stock one is still good and more than capable, then why replace it?

·
Registered
86 Posts
The factory one is very efficient...people just want blow off valves for the noise...

But if you get an intake most people don't know that the sound of the turbo spool and the sound of the bypass valve gets like 100 times louder making your factory bypass valve sound just like a blow off valve.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah I'd say just get big metal intake piping like the Hahn stuff. I had a Toyota Supra and as soon as I got rid of the rubber hoses the stock bypass valve was extremely audible. So there ya have it; not only do you get your sound, you get some performance increase too, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts