Cobalts SS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey just wondering if anyone has had a problem with their brakes. yesterday i was driving on a street only about 45 mph. couldnt slow down for the red light my pedal was all the way at the floor even with pumping i didnt slow and crashed =[ my poor baby... just wondering if anyone has had a problem like this or has heard of this happening in a 2008 cobalt LT

·
Registered
93 Posts
There was a guy on the forum who said his rear pad friction material came off
of the metal backing. Hear any grinding when you tried to stop? Sounds like
you had a brake fluid leak.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no didnt skid no sound just no brake lol oh man i didnt even look to see if any fluid was spilt.... =[ lol i failed...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds like a fluid leak or something like that. How many miles on the car? Any strange noises baking recently? Cobalt LT more then likely has rear drum brakes, so that would rule out rear pad prblems. Odd that the abs didnt kick in with the pedal depressed and the vehicle not slowing down. Doesnt make sense to me. Any more info would be helpful.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so turns out i did have a leak i didnt even know about. so yeah nvm, on the question. i also had a lot of air in my brake lines apperently. but yeah i didnt have any noise... but i listen to music really loud so.. lol maybe i did have sound lol so all my mistake...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts