Cobalts SS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently just rolled over the 10,000 mark in my '07 2.4SS, and already my brakes are starting to squeak. I checked, and the front rotors are already noticeable more grooved than the rears. I don't brake any harder than the next guy, and I do about a 50/50 mix of highway and city driving. Kinda odd that i'm already in need of pads and probally rotors. hmmm....

·
Registered
784 Posts
So I recently just rolled over the 10,000 mark in my '07 2.4SS, and already my brakes are starting to squeak. I checked, and the front rotors are already noticeable more grooved than the rears. I don't brake any harder than the next guy, and I do about a 50/50 mix of highway and city driving. Kinda odd that i'm already in need of pads and probally rotors. hmmm....
had the same problem, rotors are under warranty, pads are not, but i would get new rotors from an aftermarket place to resolve the problem for good, grab a set of hawk pads and motul fluid and you'd be set.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
had the same problem, rotors are under warranty, pads are not, but i would get new rotors from an aftermarket place to resolve the problem for good, grab a set of hawk pads and motul fluid and you'd be set.
that was actually my exact plan of attack. I'm going with Powerslot rotors and Hawk pads all around. Thats where my tax return is going. :D

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
^^^^ whats that in miles^^^^
i dont want to do the math

·
Registered
441 Posts
About 18K miles. Complain about the noise, not the premature wear. GM will warranty brakes for noise, but not wear. Wear is caused by the driver. At least thats what the factory stance is.
Does anyone know what company actually manufactures the drilled/slotted GMPP rotors?? They come in a AC Delco box, so they are probably not GM. Just wondering.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
My brakes are worn pretty bad also, the rotors are grooved too, but no noise. Good idea, I'll complain about the noise!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts