Cobalts SS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me what that little breather that goes on the valve cover do. and can someone also tell me how it is installed..(it looks like a little air filter)
this car has the breather on it. its at the top left of the valve cover

·
Registered
322 Posts
With the stock setup, there is a hose that comes from that outlet on the valve cover, it ventilates pressure (and some oil) back into the intake right before the TB. When you remove that hose, you put a breather filter on the outlet to keep it from spitting oil all over your engine bay.

As for installation, it's really simple- loosen collar at base of filter, slide down over the protruberance on the valve cover, tighten collar down. Just like you would do with a conical air filter.

·
Registered
84 Posts
J.D. said:
With the stock setup, there is a hose that comes from that outlet on the valve cover, it ventilates pressure (and some oil) back into the intake right before the TB. When you remove that hose, you put a breather filter on the outlet to keep it from spitting oil all over your engine bay.

As for installation, it's really simple- loosen collar at base of filter, slide down over the protruberance on the valve cover, tighten collar down. Just like you would do with a conical air filter.

If you do this on your car it will throw a code. You ECU is tuned for that metered amount of crankcase ventilaton. Without that you car will have a fit. I tuned the car around this.

·
Registered
322 Posts
^^^^Really? I did the same mod on my Sunfire and had no problems at all. Hmmm, I was planning on it with the Cobalt as well (wanted to run a short-ram setup and delete that return pipe), how exactly did you tune around it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts