Cobalts SS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought this car back in August of 2010 and I must say I love this car! Its completely stock and I am hungry to start modding it :). I want to start with a BPV. I did research and found not so much help though. I want a BPV that is excellent quality and has a great sound to it. Does anyone know of anything that fits these traits?

Thanks so much for the help. Video, Links, or Pics are greatly appreciated too.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
its all up to you. I think its over the top performance that sells one that will fit right into the stock valve. Most aftermarkets you need to get charge piping with the type of flage for the bov. so watch what you get.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its all up to you. I think its over the top performance that sells one that will fit right into the stock valve. Most aftermarkets you need to get charge piping with the type of flage for the bov. so watch what you get.
I was looking at the Forge BPV and it looked like it had great quality and had a good sound to it. I didnt know that some aftermarkets need charge piping, thanks for the heads up. If I get a BOV do I need to tune? Or can I just adjust the BOV after I install it? What would you recommend?

·
Registered
233 Posts
i run an rbay cheap greddy knock offf on a 50 trim srt4 for about a month an it held 23 lbs of boost . the i bought a gready limited adddition , the rfl bov . is one of the loudest if your looking to make sum noise ... you tube bov 's an listen to the different sounds .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i run an rbay cheap greddy knock offf on a 50 trim srt4 for about a month an it held 23 lbs of boost . the i bought a gready limited adddition , the frl bov . is one of the loudest if your looking to make sum noise ... you tube bov 's an listen to the different sounds .
This would be the BOV sound I would be looking for,
. I had a 07 Mazdaspeed 3 before I got the Cobalt SS and had this one and loved it. So I'm looking for something similar sounding and the same if not better quality. Don't really like the whistle sound the HKS makes I like more of the whoose sound. Anything similar to the turbosmart? So far I can only find whistle sounding bpv's and bov's.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
why dont you get that one. just have to find out what flange it uses. and remember if your going to get an aftermarket BOV your going to need to get a block off plate for the stock BOV. Look at turbo tech racing. They have them there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why dont you get that one. just have to find out what flange it uses. and remember if your going to get an aftermarket BOV your going to need to get a block off plate for the stock BOV. Look at turbo tech racing. They have them there.
If I could that would be great! Only thing is I can't find specific ones that fit with the Cobalt SS's. My guess would be the universal fit ones?
http://www.turbosmartonline.com/inde...low-off-valves
Which one would work?

And yea turbotechracing did have the block off plate. Thanks for pointing that out. Ill search for the flange which shouldn't be hard to find but what BOV or BPV on that site would work and fit? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
233 Posts
sorry to hijack you thread but i thought ypu'd enjoy what a 401 twin turbo'd 9.sec car bov sounds like . this is my goal redsstreak .
an it's a street car

1 - 14 of 14 Posts