Cobalts SS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finaly finish my "CAI" . Bought a K&N e-1009 filter, had my installer at work cut off my factory filter box right below the sensor and he then shaved the tubing so the filter would fit like a glove right on it. If anyone is ok with doing something like this it is well worth it. I know on past theads people said the SC screams but guys, it F---in' screams. I got heads turning now as I roll down the street. It is well worth the $65 and it , for the most part, is a CAI just with out an aluminum tube. Very easy to get to and remove and well worth it...... :D

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Capone357 said:
whats a cai and does it make the SC scream more? just for 65$ what do i have to do?
CAI= Cold Air Induction
Yes becuase the air flows much easier and more can be sucked in. Basicly But dont quote my every word.

Yeah and no he just had the air box removed and he had a K&N filter attached to the tube for the intake. But real soon there will be a true CAI cooming out soon but it will be like $250 but it will be worth every bit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tight work on the custom cai. Dyno it now and lets c how much ur gain was. I bet like 8-12hp. N-e-wayz, like i said tight work....N-e--pics?

·
Registered
33 Posts
the coblat already has a CAI, technially but so does the RL becasue if you look at where it is drawing air from than you realize that it is in the same place as the K&N intake will most likely be drawing from. Outside of the engine bay. the advantage of the "getto" and aftermarket intake is AIRFLOW big time air flow increase from stock. Make SC LOUD :D

I would say depending on how long you are gonna have to wait for the K&N intake cut the bottom of the box off, it will only help :D and that way you can kinda wait for the price of the intake to drop a little

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I would guess a 8-10 hp gain . I did feel a little more out of it after I did this. Here's my theory , I am not getting a CAI when they come out cause I basically have one now only with a plastic pipe vs alluminum. I f someone can proove that getting a CAI vs what I did is worth $300 I am all ears. It was rather easy to do . Simply put, you jack the drivers side wheel well up, take wheel off. Unclip all the clips in the wheel well cover as well as the screws. Now your intake is exposed. Disconnect the section of the intake tube and remove the air box. Take filter to a saw and cut the filter off right below the sensor. Shave it down pop on the e-1009 filter, tighten put back in put wheel well cover back on nice and tight and wa la a $65 CAI! I did not take any vieos but thid guy did the same thing so here is his clip. It sounds identical to this........ http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3151

1 - 7 of 7 Posts