Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The install went fairly well dave showed up just in time. Thanks to dave and mike for the help. There is a improvement and the lope at idle is impressive. However to fully get everything to work right I need to get it tuned. but I do feel the difference and boy is the exhaust louder. They gauges went in today as well ill get a picture tonight of them!

again Thank you Mike and Dave for all the help you guys are the best.

·
Registered
198 Posts
impressive but my stock time beat yours and i have an automatic

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You're also closer to see level -- as in right there. My father-in-law lives in Norfolk. I know what it's like. He's a mile higher in elevation than you are. Air is much thinner. Come up here and race and see how much a n/a car sufferes from lack of oxygen.

·
Registered
147 Posts
domin8_gt said:
You're also closer to see level -- as in right there. My father-in-law lives in Norfolk. I know what it's like. He's a mile higher in elevation than you are. Air is much thinner. Come up here and race and see how much a n/a car sufferes from lack of oxygen.

LOL isnt that true.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its no big deal really there are always gonna be faster cars than me ill never beat 3 seconds :) anyways rather happy with it. its performance is moving in the right direction although we did find a problem that i need to take the car in to have it fixed. the chain tensioner (sp?) i dont think is working properly cause it is hitting the guide when i start the car. It does go away afte about a second. but there is a bunch of unwanted slack in it. You can defenetly HEAR the difference in the car and it pulls better now. I still have to get it tuned to get peak performance out of what i have done!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
xCobalt05x said:
impressive but my stock time beat yours and i have an automatic

we can take your time and add the 8 tenths that you would gain from running up here and you would be at 17.5

or turn mine around and minus the 8 tenths and i would be at a 16.5

its up to you

·
Registered
382 Posts
awesome, glad you're liking the new modification!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
holy hell that sounds awesome! i didn't know people could get that kind of lobe out of a 4-banger. GMPP make them too (for SS/SC)?

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
How about a clip of it doin a run down the road? a drive by or in car or somethin?? Id love to hear it up in the rpms!

·
Registered
347 Posts
davw happen to all the other video you took?

·
Registered
198 Posts
that sounds sweet, i think im going to get a pair and get the CNC ported head from GMPP to throw in with those cams.

·
Registered
198 Posts
xravenwingsx said:
holy hell that sounds awesome! i didn't know people could get that kind of lobe out of a 4-banger. GMPP make them too (for SS/SC)?
no, those are from turbotechracing.com made by comp cams and are for the 2.2L ecotec's. at least someone is showing some love for us 2.2L owners

1 - 20 of 20 Posts