Cobalts SS banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this was a replay or not. But it had the SS,Redline,SRT-4 ACR, WRX, and the Acura RSX-S. First went to the RSX-S, then the WRX, then the SRT-4 ACR, then the Cobalt SS and last was the Redline.

It was on Spike T.V. today at 11:00AM my time and will replay tomorrow on Spike T.V. at 11:00AM my time.

·
Registered
498 Posts
damn, i missed it this morning. I'll watch it tomorrow. Looks like a bad review for the SS

·
Registered
155 Posts
AJSINAZ said:
It was baised as hell because the acura was the slowest in everything and yet it still won.
Fast can't be all that counts. They probably take into count reputation, projected reliability, projected recalls and issues, interior quality, etc. Acura has quality by the balls.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Dan Richards said:
Fast can't be all that counts. They probably take into count reputation, projected reliability, projected recalls and issues, interior quality, etc. Acura has quality by the balls.

c&d have always been favorable of acuras.. their views are skewed. hell acura beat out the 3 series of bmw's a few times... that i just don't agree with at all

·
Registered
47 Posts
selfinfliction said:
c&d have always been favorable of acuras.. their views are skewed. hell acura beat out the 3 series of bmw's a few times... that i just don't agree with at all
Thats because their interoir and power windows add 60-70 hp.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yeah, they were racing "interiors". Actually, I think in the print version they were talking about needing to drink a latte on the way to work and the RSX-S won just because of that.
Old men like these NEED some "refinement" I guess.
But then again, according to THIS test, some Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Maseratis would lose because they are too loud. Idiots.

·
Registered
498 Posts
DAMNIT!! I missed the second showing of it. Someone please tell me what they said about the SS, and why it finished 3rd?

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I bet resale value and theft rates had something to do with it too. The RSX type-S owns the other four cars in resale value and theft rate, by A LOT!. Also the Type-S and WRX have the two overall best motors out of those 5 cars. Now let me reiterate before everyone cries. The K-series motors and boxer 2.0 and 2.5(STI) motors have a lot better build and quality then the Dodge's motor and the Ecotec motor. This means that they are built better, that they will last the longest, are better designed, and so on.

If I were to rank those cars I would list them the same way, maybe have the WRX and RSX Type-S switch places, don't know though close call. You guys have to keep in mind they probably ranked them as OVERALL cars. Not just speed and handling. And "*Quite Frankly" the WRX and RSX Type-S are a lot better overall cars. How many SRT-4's have hit 100k miles without engine work?Why the <30lbs.(probably <20lbs.) of weight on the SRT-4s for power rear windows and cruise control was just too much? Look how hard it is to change the oil on the CSS(WTF? Mate)? Each car has its flaws(as do ALL), but the RSX Type-S and WRX have the least amount out of those 5."*That's all you really need" to know as to why they were ranked that way.

Now if it was a performence only test, of course they would all be ranked differently. ;)

(*Stephen A. Smith's new show :p, I think that's what he says :D )

·
Registered
360 Posts
wasey13 said:
I bet resale value and theft rates had something to do with it too. The RSX type-S owns the other four cars in resale value and theft rate, by A LOT!. Also the Type-S and WRX have the two overall best motors out of those 5 cars. Now let me reiterate before everyone cries. The K-series motors and boxer 2.0 and 2.5(STI) motors have a lot better build and quality then the Dodge's motor and the Ecotec motor. This means that they are built better, that they will last the longest, are better designed, and so on.

If I were to rank those cars I would list them the same way, maybe have the WRX and RSX Type-S switch places, don't know though close call. You guys have to keep in mind they probably ranked them as OVERALL cars. Not just speed and handling. And "*Quite Frankly" the WRX and RSX Type-S are a lot better overall cars. How many SRT-4's have hit 100k miles without engine work?Why the <30lbs.(probably <20lbs.) of weight on the SRT-4s for power rear windows and cruise control was just too much? Look how hard it is to change the oil on the CSS(WTF? Mate)? Each car has its flaws(as do ALL), but the RSX Type-S and WRX have the least amount out of those 5."*That's all you really need" to know as to why they were ranked that way.

Now if it was a performence only test, of course they would all be ranked differently. ;)

(*Stephen A. Smith's new show :p, I think that's what he says :D )
http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/113_0309_srt/

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/projectcars/0310scc_projneon/

The stock 2.4l Dodge block has been around for more than 10 years.
The Ecotec motor with built internals and a turbo has been DOMINATING the sport compact drags for a while now too.
Also, how long has Subaru and Mitsubishi been building CAR engines? Not as long as Chevrolet or Dodge have.
That pretty much throws your "their engines are built better" argument out the window.
Next time, go do some basic research and make your "opinion" a little more informed than it is now.

·
Registered
543 Posts
not sure who has hit 100k miles w/o work. Mine is sitting on 22k and I've had it for 7 months, it had 8 miles on it when I bought it. No engine work yet and still running perfectly, changing oil when supposed to and kepping an eye on the engine helps keep it alive longer.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
iball said:
http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/113_0309_srt/

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/projectcars/0310scc_projneon/

The stock 2.4l Dodge block has been around for more than 10 years.
The Ecotec motor with built internals and a turbo has been DOMINATING the sport compact drags for a while now too.
Also, how long has Subaru and Mitsubishi been building CAR engines? Not as long as Chevrolet or Dodge have.
That pretty much throws your "their engines are built better" argument out the window.
Next time, go do some basic research and make your "opinion" a little more informed than it is now.
HAHAHA...Next time figure out what kind of cars we are talking about before you try to sound more intelligent then me. :D :D

Also your so called "2.4l Dodge block" is not a Dodge block at all. It is a whored out motor that is in a lot of cars and is very cheap.

Also I am pretty sure I was talking about stock motors. But since you brought it up. How many daily driven SRT-4s and Ecotecs are in the 10s?? Now how many RSXs and WRXs are there? At least one RSX and a shit load of WRXs. Would you like me to keep going? Or do you get the idea?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yes, I have 43,000 miles on mine...almost ALL of them autobahn driven and all of them have been driven on German roads. No engine problems here. I cruise regularly at 100+mph too. I change the oil religiously every 3,000 miles, same time I rotate the tires.
I think if there was an engine problem, I would have found it by now.

·
Registered
360 Posts
wasey13 said:
HAHAHA...Next time figure out what kind of cars we are talking about before you try to sound more intelligent then me. :D :D

Also your so called "2.4l Dodge block" is not a Dodge block at all. It is a whored out motor that is in a lot of cars and is very cheap.

Also I am pretty sure I was talking about stock motors. But since you brought it up. How many daily driven SRT-4s and Ecotecs are in the 10s?? Now how many RSXs and WRXs are there? At least one RSX and a shit load of WRXs. Would you like me to keep going? Or do you get the idea?
Show me an RSX or WRX that is NOT on the bottle and has NOT had "engine internals" work done. You CAN'T. Not on a daily driver. If not, then it's not a daily driver for long. And I WAS talking about stock motors. And there are plenty of DD SRT-4s in the low 11s, the main problem is...TRACTION. Not engine problems. Apples and oranges. Traction issues != engine problems.
Whored out motor? Yeah, right. It was first introduced in Mexico and then made it's way to the States. That's really "whoring" it out. How many non-DCx cars are running the Dodge 2.4L? Yeah, didn't think so. These aren't Hondas, no need to swap any engines.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
iball said:
Show me an RSX or WRX that is NOT on the bottle and has NOT had "engine internals" work done. You CAN'T. Not on a daily driver. If not, then it's not a daily driver for long. And I WAS talking about stock motors. And there are plenty of DD SRT-4s in the low 11s, the main problem is...TRACTION. Not engine problems. Apples and oranges. Traction issues != engine problems.
Whored out motor? Yeah, right. It was first introduced in Mexico and then made it's way to the States. That's really "whoring" it out. How many non-DCx cars are running the Dodge 2.4L? Yeah, didn't think so. These aren't Hondas, no need to swap any engines.
Were you really talking about stock motors when you said this?.....
iball said:
:confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

If I remember right Hyundai and/or KIA, as well as others have used the motor in some of their cars.

iball said:
Show me an RSX or WRX that is NOT on the bottle and has NOT had "engine internals" work done. You CAN'T. Not on a daily driver. If not, then it's not a daily driver for long.
I can show you a lot of RSXs and WRXs that don't have internal work or nitrous and are daily driven. I don't get what is so hard about that????? :confused: :confused:

1 - 20 of 182 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.