Cobalts SS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my 06... and put in a new head unit... everything works great.. but the engine wont start.. display says "engine disabled"...

took it to the dealer like the owners manuel says... they cant even get in to read the error codes...

i saw a post on here about a T harness... anyone know if this will fix the problem.. the dealer seems to be clueless.. WTF am i paying them for? to tell me what i know lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
problem solved

if your going to take out ur stock radio.. make sure u go to Best Buy or some other store and get an adapter for 120bucks... u have to have this in the 06's.. they put alot of control modules in the factory radio like air bag and theft crap.. the adapter delivers a " healthy system status" to the ECU.. if you dont... ur car might not start lol and say "engine disabled"

once i wired that in.. the car came alive .. and the check engine light went off after 15mins..

god bless the idiot that thought of puting that crap in a radio ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think part of it is theft-deterent. So if someone steals your radio they can't use it in their car...or use your radio to start your car...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts