Cobalts SS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well took my srt-4 to Cecil county dragway in maryland last night to break in the new mickey t's. I only got 1 run in and only pulled off a 1.9 on the new slicks so i'm disapointed considering I've pulled a 1.7 on a set of borrowed slicks but I talked to a guy last night that was pretty happy with his runs. Dude was driving an 05 red & black Cobalt SS and made a 13.4 run at 105 and followed it up with a 13.6 at 104. He was making plenty of horsepower because his 60 foot was 2.2 and change on both runs. I talked to the guy and he told me he was running GM stage 3 on stage 2 injectors to lean the car out. he also had solid mounts, intake, exhaust and some other stuff which I don't really remember. This is the first cobalt I've seen break 14. The guy told me it's the fastest Cobalt time for a Maryland owned balt so thats his claim to fame. I told the guy I'd give him his props on here for putting his balt in the low 13's where it should be!!!! nice job.:)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nice numbers, but how in the HECK does he have GM stage 3 already?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
He could have said he had a plutonium modulator on his car and I wouldn't know what he was talking about being a dodge guy but he had a stage 3 something because he made a big deal about how he leaned the car out. Was cool to finally see one get down the 1/4 in a hurry. with somes slicks he'd be very close to a 12 second run. He also told me the cobalt has a funny bolt pattern so it's hard to find cheap wheels to run slicks on. Us dodge guys jut get PT Cruzer wheels and go to town!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts