Cobalts SS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was driving home from the movies last night and my cel came on. i was not beating on it, just normal everyday driving. now i gotta wait until monday to bring it in and get it scanned. this sucks!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so all day today the cel was still on. i went to go eat some dinner and came back out, start my car, and its off. what could it possibly be??

·
Registered
258 Posts
Do you have the K&N CAI, or the airbox mod or anything else?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Could be any number of things...had you filled up your car with gas within a couple days of it originally coming on? I forget how often the vehicle checks it but if the gas cap isn't on tight/leaking it will run a diagnostic every so many starts in an attempt to clear itself. This is also the case with a number of CEL conditions as far as I'm aware.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I had my oil changed one time and the cel came on. I went the weekend with it and on Monday before I took it in, I popped the hood. Then I saw a light golden brown substance on the head. At first I thought it was gas and a fuel line had broke. Then the dummy hammer hit me and told me gas evaporates when it hits the air and on a hot engine... well I didn't want to think about that. Then I noticed that the shaft for the oil was out because I could move the engine cover. So I put it back in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts