Cobalts SS banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone else having problems with there leather shriviling up on them.. ive had my car for maybe 2 months, my freind jumped int he car kinda wet, yet i wipped it off right when he got out .. regaurdless my leather shrivled up, can i take it to the dealer to have it fixed. anythiing i can do :rolleyes:

·
Registered
695 Posts
take it to the dealer.. take it to the dealer for EVERY little thing that goes wrong with it.. lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
To bad I see all the parts for the lordstown assembly plant go thru my wharehouse. You name it, i've seen it, HUM, CORVETTE, Like I said Lordstown, bowling green, TZ hummer, Pontiac, Lansing, Wilmington, Lake orion, Sherveport, like I said Gm part seen it, licked, kicked, sticked it, everything from headlights, to engines, that's the truth.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Mercury said:
Damnit I don't want to get used to it! I love the suprise smell every time! :D
Lol...I can still notice mine especially on a warm day when I first open the doors...the smell just flys out and brings a smile to my face every time :D. I'm trying to keep it as clean as it was the day I picked it up and I refuse to smoke in the car...3 months running I think I broke that part of the habit anyways now if I could just get over the other hump :p.

dazednconfused75 said:
Are you talking about the Recaros or the regular seats?
Mine's an LS so I don't have the Recaros...I just have the normal leather seats basically the same as what comes standard in the SS without the SS embroidered in the seats.

Permafried-

·
Registered
251 Posts
Rocky said:
the leather seats in the ls and lt are slightly diff than the ss. the ss has perforated inserts or however you spell that
Wait a minute...if you mean the holes all along the insert section (of course in the LS the inserts are solid black) I have the perforations in my LS as well. I looked at the pics of the SS non-SC seats and noticed they were solid leather...mine are nothing like that. They resemble the SS/SC seats I just don't have SS embroidered in them...damn I need to invest in a camera :).

Does else have the perforated (basically holes lining the insert) in their non-SS models or is this another one of those sneaky Canadian only features :confused:?

Permafried-

·
Registered
251 Posts
blink30056 said:
lol my seats look like there cracking
Yikes...you might want to get that looked at :eek:! My seat has a slight bit of stretching to it but nothing major...my buddy got in the passenger seat this evening and he's not exactly a small guy and it seemed to hold him up alrite...I think sooner or later leather is going to stretech a little bit, unless it starts getting dry it will just crack to hell. Do you leave it sitting out in the direct sunlight without a sun visor in the window?

Permafried-

·
Registered
543 Posts
blink30056 said:
lol my seats look like there cracking
Some leather starts to do that after a little while. Go get some good leather cleaner/conditioner and work those seats over real good. They'll be back to new in no time.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hehe i remember when a friend of mine who is a little bigger got in my car, i just watched my seat scream as he went to sit down in it.But it popped back into shape.

Has anyone else noticed thought that the plastic on the interior gets scuffed really easily someone rubbed their pant leg on my glove comparment and left a big white mark on it i cant get out. And im real picking person about my car so it irks me.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Do they treat the leather in those things before they leave factory?
I would be PISSED if they didn't. And that would be one of the first things I would do with a leather interior/seats.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The Alex said:
Hehe i remember when a friend of mine who is a little bigger got in my car, i just watched my seat scream as he went to sit down in it.But it popped back into shape.

Has anyone else noticed thought that the plastic on the interior gets scuffed really easily someone rubbed their pant leg on my glove comparment and left a big white mark on it i cant get out. And im real picking person about my car so it irks me.
It's the same plastic and texture they used in the Cavaliers as well...and it grabs onto anything and everything that touches it. The runner along the bottom of the doors, the glove box, and the same material on the doors will hold onto anything that touches it. Since i always wear white shoes if I get in and hit the seat with my shoe I rub it off with my hand immediately, don't want that stuff setting on my seats either.

I'm still trying to find the best way to get stuff out of it...cloths don't work and I can't use an abraisive material...if I was really ambitious I bet a Q-Tip would work but somehow using that on every individual little groove doesn't sound like my idea of a good time :rolleyes:.

As for the seats being treated I'm sure they are, it will also depend the climate that they are consistently exposed to. Since it was sunny and hot as hell all summer here I actually used my sunshade (and have my windows tinted) to keep the sun off my seats and I've had no problems with them at all. Cleaned them 3 times using the recommended method of a damp cloth and allowing it to dry naturally (just went over them after with a cotton towel to get fuzz off) and mine are fine so far...just a slight butt groove from where I plop my ass down every day.

Permafried-

1 - 19 of 19 Posts