Cobalts SS banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a brand new, black cobalt ss. I absolutley love everyting about this car. the second day i had it the check engine light was on, so i called the dealership and they said its probably nothingand to birng it in, in a few days. the next day i was cruisin around and went to circuit city. got back in my car and the engine barely started. as it sat there puttering i tried to feed it some gas but it was like the gas pedal no longer served a purpose. i dont know much about cars, but all i know now is that my SS is in the shop and im pretty pissed off. anyone else have any simaliar problems?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Me.... my check engine light came on 2 so I had it in there 2 different times the first time was because some wire or wires was shorting out the fan to cool the engine then the 2 time was they had to replace the hole fuse box in my car and so far that's it man...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
OMG I HAVE THAT SAME PROBLEM! mine died about amonth ago or so. brought it to the dealer but they coulndt find anythign wrong with it. they just recharged my battery over night and it was fine. i guess there is somethign draining the battery. lately.. started like a few days ago.. it starst puttering like yours and it hestiates to start. so it looks like i am going to ahev to bring mine back to teh dealership too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Had the same problem on day 2 after buying mine. The dealer put 1/4 tank of 87 octane gas of one brand for the test drive. The next day they filled the tank, again with 87. Don't ask me why but when my tank hit 1/4 full my engine light came on and I lost a lot of power. I checked the manual and tried the only thing that I could do myself was re-install the gas cap to clear the engine sensor. I had some bad smell from the exhaust for a few minutes then eveything went back to normal. I burnt the rest of the 87 gas and filled with 91 Petro Can Supreme and have been running smoothe ever since.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys for the feed back. i just got it back and everything seems to be running fine. although i need to take it back because the lights on the mirror dont turn on but i couldnt really care less right now because all i want to do now is drive. who needs interrior lights anyway right? haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
labelkills98 said:
thanks guys for the feed back. i just got it back and everything seems to be running fine. although i need to take it back because the lights on the mirror dont turn on but i couldnt really care less right now because all i want to do now is drive. who needs interrior lights anyway right? haha
Depending on how that part of the electircal system is designed, it could be bigger than you think. Commonly multiple grounds are combined into one grounding point. If it is loose / broken / disconnected it could cause many problems. I'll edit this post when I find which grounds are common with the interior lights. The thing with electrical problems is that there could be a different harness used for cars that were next to each other on the line. Harness revesions can and do occur in just a few days.

EDIT: Ignore this post, all it seems to do is try to make a seemingly small problem into a larger one. It could be a larger electrical problem, but it is probably not. It could be just a short that is draining your battery and throwing off your computer, or it could be something totally different. I really have no idea, would just be talking out of my ass if I tried to actually diagnose your problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my gas pump went bad. my engine wasnt getting any gas i guess when i tried to start it. they had to put in a brand new one. its fine now, just be careful and take the light seriously because i thought it was just a loose fuse or something, but it deffintly was something big. like my gas pump.

- thanks ericsean for the input, the dealer told me it was something with the fuse box but they had to order something that wont be in until monday so i;ll know then what it was. i;ll let everyone know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
labelkills98 said:
[snip] the dealer told me it was something with the fuse box but they had to order something that wont be in until monday so i;ll know then what it was. i;ll let everyone know
The fuse box eh? This could be interesting. I work for an wiring harness supplier thats why I say so. I deal with wiring harness "stuff" all day long.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
labelkills98 said:
I just got a brand new, black cobalt ss. I absolutley love everyting about this car. the second day i had it the check engine light was on, so i called the dealership and they said its probably nothingand to birng it in, in a few days. the next day i was cruisin around and went to circuit city. got back in my car and the engine barely started. as it sat there puttering i tried to feed it some gas but it was like the gas pedal no longer served a purpose. i dont know much about cars, but all i know now is that my SS is in the shop and im pretty pissed off. anyone else have any simaliar problems?

:eek: that sucks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
yea my check engine light went on also today... I brought it right to the dealer and I told him it was on and he was about to close but told me that there is a recall on the wiring harness, which I now need to make an appointment to get fixed.. my friend used his computer reader to check whut the computer said was wrogn with the car and it said thats the cylinders were misfiring
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top