Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my car, the leather around the passenger side door grab was seperating right where you grab to pull the door closed.
This is the second time to take it in, and the door panel is still on back order. My service advisor informed me this appears to be a nation wide problem.
Go check your door panels and see if the material is still nice and tight around the place you grab to pull it shut.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Me too i just got a new door panel from the dealer today they said i'm the second one they think the leather srank from the heat but anyone with this problem is intitled to a new door panel

·
Registered
122 Posts
i haven't noticed that, but then again i haven't had too many passengers in my car.. one thing i have noticed though, is my driver side inside door handle, is making a clicking sound whenever you open it now, it still opens but doesn't sound right.. hopefully nothing comes of that...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
krzykarl said:
i haven't noticed that, but then again i haven't had too many passengers in my car..
Thats the funny thing.. I haven't had any passengers in my car except for my wife rode with me "once" to Wally World :rolleyes:
I spend an hour driving to work, park way out away from anyone else.
Spend an hour driving home, straight in the garage, secured for the night..

·
Registered
895 Posts
I've noticed in all of the interior pics of the leather equipped SS's that the seats material is rather loose in the "butt" area. Is that a issue they are going to address as well or is it supposed to be like that. Most sports cars that have leather sport buckets don't have loose leather, its usually very nice and tight. Just wondering because I've seen it quite a bit and was always curious.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
i got the same issue with my passenger side panel, i haven't taken it in yet... my main issue is like Oj said... my seat was made with cheap leather, or too much... one of the two, maybe both lol

·
Registered
498 Posts
My passenger door power window/lock panel is seperating from the leather. Hmm, what's up with the passenger side leather problems? Why not the driver's side?

·
Registered
57 Posts
thats weird...i got all three problems. my passenger door panel, the leather is pealing. i ordered the panel about a week ago and i got the call today saying it was in. my drivers side door handle clicks....madd annoying....and the seat looks like the leather stretches....

·
Registered
122 Posts
hey i just found out i have all 3 now too....after actually looking closely at the passenger handle.. i can see that that whole piece is not as stable as the driver side one and the leather peaks out on the sides.. well back to the dealer.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Must be some kind of error when they cut the leather for the passenger door pattern.
So far my seats(actually my seat) is doing good, the passenger seat hasn't been used that much..

·
Registered
61 Posts
if you guys look closely the DS has more plastic bezel and the PS has a very thin bezel....thus it pulls out :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the same problem with the passenger side door only. It seems to be a defect from the manufacturer. Someone must of been drinking when they set up the machine to cut and size the leather. I showed the problem to my dealer and I am going to wait a week or so until I get anything replaced. I want to see if the other door is going to do the same thing. One thing they should have done during product testing was to heat test the leather interior to see how it would hold up.

·
Registered
895 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
Its still the first year, hopefully they'll take care of that now!

Exactly.

What you guys need to do is all pull together and go and let the dealerships know and aware of these issues. Same with the seats. The more of you complain or notify the dealerhsip, the more and more GM will hear you and hopefully make the right call and fix all of the little nit pick things that annoy you and are common amongst a good bit of owners. Spread the word! This is how recalls get made that aren't found out from the manufacture or the engineers. They are found out by the owners and their dealerships. Once they see it is a common problem among the masses, thats when things will be called in for a mandatory fixing or replacement with a better part. This is alos the way GM finds out what flaws the car has and build the 04 model fixed with all the little nit pick things. You guys need to make it known and take your stuff in to be fixed. The seats are very apparent to me. Honestly that would drive me up the wall so my SS (if I had one) would of already been up there being fixed. The dealership would probably hate me afterwards after all the little stuff but you know what, thats their problem, not mine. You guys paid for the car and the warrant. Use it to its fullest before you start modding (when mods come out). Because after that you can kiss your warranty good bye. Trust me. Ask any of us modded cars albeit it WRX, EVO, SRT4, etc.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah, the part with the leather seats being "baggy" is a huuuge annoyance to me. I definitely want to contact GM about it and find out what can be done to fix this...cuz....I know my butt ain't big enough to make it stretch like it has after two weeks.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts