Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SUBJECT: Engine Fuel Injectors - Replace
MODELS: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt
2006 Pontiac Pursuit
Equipped with 2.2L 4 Cylinder (RPO L61 – VIN F) Engine

CONDITION
General Motors has decided to conduct a Voluntary Emission Recall involving certain 2006
Chevrolet Cobalt and Pontiac Pursuit model vehicles, equipped with a 2.2L 4 cylinder (RPO
L61 – VIN F) engine. Very small cracks may develop inside the fuel injectors. A crack could
allow fuel to seep through into the injector connector pocket, resulting in a fuel odor. If the
wiring connector becomes separated from the injector, resulting in an open injector circuit,
symptoms could include engine misfire, illumination of the check engine light, and a fuel odor.

CORRECTION
Dealers are to replace all four engine fuel injectors.

VEHICLES INVOLVED
Involved are certain 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt and Pontiac Pursuit model vehicles equipped with a 2.2L 4 cylinder (RPO L61 – VIN F) engine and built within these VIN breakpoints:

YEAR DIVISION MODEL FROM THROUGH(last 8 digits of your VIN)
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt 67633125 67802839
2006 Pontiac Pursuit 67687448 67802833

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just received notice of this--I have a 2006 Cobalt with 14000 miles on it--bought in new--would carbon monoxide be leaking into the interior of the car? If so, would this cause any illness to the people who ride in the vehicle?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
does fuel vapor create carbon monoxide
if you can ans. this ? you will be able to ans. your ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
chevy cobalt recall

I dont know--thats why i posted! lol I am asking because i have a child--but also i bought the car in august and began losing extreme amounts of lbs among other health issues since august for no apparent medical reason....when i heard about the recall wtih carbon monoxide, etc it clicked in my brain and made me wonder if that might be aprt of the problem--i have smelled gas fumes, but never thought much of it. Also, I drive alot so the car has alot more miles than a normal new one would.....

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm pretty sure fuel vapor doesn't create carbon monoxide--rather, the process of the fuel burning in your engine and through your exhaust. So, unless you have a faulty exhaust system, carbon monoxide shouldn't be an issue. Fuel vapor, however; is extremely volatile (ignites easily) and dangerous to your brain. I'm sure a few of us have had a friend or two who have 'huffed' gasoline or octane booster. They didn't turn out to be the brightest bulbs in the box, now did they? Fuel vapor suffocates your brain, depriving it of oxygen. If I had had a 2.2, I would have had my car in ASAP. :) (oh, and I would have turboed the hell outta it by now)

·
Registered
17 Posts
My little sister just had herecobalt ss/na injectors changed because of this! Her car only has 21K on it. Not to mention they fixed it two weeks ago and the check engine light is coming back on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts