Cobalts SS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
There aren't any "chips" for the SS/SC. Making power isn't that easy anymore. If you want a better tune you will need to get tuned by someone with HPTuners.

Just a general question to keep this thread going as I am interested in HP Tuners... How hard is it to learn to use this?? I think of myself as a fairly intelligent guy...how dificult would it be to learn to use this???//I do not know if I could find help in my area of WI as it is pretty rural...not many Cobalt owners period.

Thanks..

·
Registered
93 Posts
There is a forum over on the HPTuners website if you want to learn... but it is a lot of learning to do. You are literally messing with the brains of your ride and can seriously fvck some things up if you don't know your way around. There are some basic things you can do if you can interpret some lines on a graph... but if you want to get down and dirty with making power... expect to spend some time learning.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ya it gets pretty intense with the math going on in some of the tables. ive seen it done and i wouldnt get too deep into it unless i was gonna spend alot of time working with tuning and a real tuner to help with all the know how outside of just changing graphs and tables

·
Registered
2 Posts
does anyone know af a shop in Indiana that can tune my car?? i was goin to buy the hp tuners program with my tax check but it sounds like ti will take forever to learn the system and how to's..

·
Registered
597 Posts
does anyone know af a shop in Indiana that can tune my car?? i was goin to buy the hp tuners program with my tax check but it sounds like ti will take forever to learn the system and how to's..

What do you have done that you want a tune?

Even when you use a shop to tune the will still most likely use a handheld for downloading.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts