Cobalts SS banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone elses clutch make a clicking sound when its pressed down? I'm not really worried about it but just curious. I don't see why it would click unless some sensor or some kind of device is activated once the clutch is pressed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Something else I've noticed but haven't posted about...the shift light. I know it has one but mine doesn't illuminate when I hit the "proper" shift point. Something wrong with mine?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
Shift light? Since when does the SS have a shift light?

I noticed the clicking. The pedal hits something when you push to the floor quick. Sounds kinda neat actually. Nothing to worry about and will probably quiet down eventually.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's just a shift light that lights up to shift at the right time for the best fuel milage. Not an actual performance shift light...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
All models of Cobalts have them. It's up high and to the left of the tachometer, a plus sign inside a gear. From what I heard on another forum, it only lights up on the LS and LT models, not the SS/SC. I've got an SS/SC, mine does have a light, but it doesn't light up either. It tells you where and what it is in the manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
mken said:
All models of Cobalts have them. It's up high and to the left of the tachometer, a plus sign inside a gear. From what I heard on another forum, it only lights up on the LS and LT models, not the SS/SC. I've got an SS/SC, mine does have a light, but it doesn't light up either. It tells you where and what it is in the manual.
Well that says it right there. I figured i would have noticed something if it actually lit up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
dervin3 said:
Does anyone elses clutch make a clicking sound when its pressed down? I'm not really worried about it but just curious. I don't see why it would click unless some sensor or some kind of device is activated once the clutch is pressed?
The clicking you hear is from the switch that does not allow you to start the car unless the clutch is pushed in. (just in case it is in gear)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Hey you know what mine click too
Wait you said a green light with a plus in a gear? the ss has a light that looks light that but it's the fog lights right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
CanadianSS said:
The clicking you hear is from the switch that does not allow you to start the car unless the clutch is pushed in. (just in case it is in gear)
Thats right. There is a switch at the top of the pedal too that turns off cruise control when the pedal is pushed in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
I noticed that too. When I was swapping out my pedals, I noticed a little button that the clutch pushes in when it is pushed to the floor. I'd assume it was a sensor to start the engine.

I thought the clutch click is annoying as hell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
945 Posts
All cobalts have a shift light. SS/SC is not functional because its a performance car. Trust me i checked it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
The Alex said:
All cobalts have a shift light. SS/SC is not functional because its a performance car. Trust me i checked it out.
2.4L SS has no active shift light either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
My SS non-s/c has the shift light (kicks in at about 6400r's) I don't know where you're getting your information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Go Blown or go Home said:
Yes the clicking noise should be there it is ur clutch safety switch
u are right with that but its actually called a neutral saftey switch not clutch saftey switch but same thing
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top