Cobalts SS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question for anyone who wants to answer. when i race and get the rpm's up the clutch seems to just go away then i pump the pedal a few times. it gets stronger but for the clutch to work properly i have to leave it engaged then it goes back to normal. i replaced the clutch master and i am thinking about changing the clutch. does anyone have any suggestions or have you run into the same problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes i have ran i to the same problem but now that i had the dealership to replace my clutch and then synchro went out about 2 months later and now i have nothing at all and i was told they looked at everything in the tranny if u have any suggestions for me i would greatly appreciate and advice thhat is given

superchargednic24

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
it sounds like you need a aftermarket clutch. but you need to contact your dealership and let them know, you have to think that when they make these cars they really dont use top of the line parts. i cant tell you off the top of my head how much the aftermarket clutches are but there not that hard to find. try www.pfyc.com, www.everythingcobalt.com, and andysautosports.com or google them. hope that helps

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i have ran i to the same problem but now that i had the dealership to replace my clutch and then synchro went out about 2 months later and now i have nothing at all and i was told they looked at everything in the tranny if u have any suggestions for me i would greatly appreciate and advice thhat is given

superchargednic24
was your transmission the MU or the G85

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it sounds like you need a aftermarket clutch. but you need to contact your dealership and let them know, you have to think that when they make these cars they really dont use top of the line parts. i cant tell you off the top of my head how much the aftermarket clutches are but there not that hard to find. try www.pfyc.com, www.everythingcobalt.com, and andysautosports.com or google them. hope that helps
i have been told several times its probably the clutch but i was also told that the clutch slave could be the problem just so you know the clutch master is what the dealership told me to replace and it did not fix it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts