Cobalts SS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what the hell is going on with my clutch, but i can't put it in any gear! I can move the shifter to any position without the clutch pedal pushed, but doesn't go into gear. WTF! Had to get my shit towed to the dealer and they are still looking at it. Its a 2007 with 20k on it. Anyone had a problem like this or know WTF is goin on?

·
Registered
451 Posts
clutch cable is no longer attached :-/, just my guess

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what they told me, it was a slip ring holding the linkage to the tranny. WTF! Not even a year old and a solid piece of metal gets shredded and leaves me stranded.

·
Registered
451 Posts
dont red line launch the poor car all the time and it shouldnt happen again
lol im jp :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol. I'll try not to. Not sure why it happened though. I granny shift and I'm very careful with the clutch because i know they suck in these cars. Must be all that power huh? lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
well i have an 09 and i couldnt shift into 2nd 4th and reverse was on its way out. i brought it to the dealer and at first they thought it was that thing that guides it into gear. but apparently it was just the linkage in the stick. so idk if you can put it into gear without the clutch it has to be the clutch

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was wondering if any one knows why my supercharger is making noise like it has marbols in it, when i push in the clutch it goes away untill i release the clutch then it makes the noise again it has 20k miles gm stage 2 i think its the coupler where my pulley is i dont know dose any one have this problem its embarassing. thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think the marbol noise is common.. It scared the crap out of me when i first heard it, almost wanted to just pull over and shut it down.. I was told its just the supercharger.. A guy i know that works at the dealership said his does it too.. I would still have it checked or mention it to the dealer..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts