Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new to the world of SS and I have a concern/question! I've recently purchased a 2005 Victory Red Cobalt SS/SC. After driving it hard ,if you will, for the first time I noticed something. On my 1-2 shift, if the RPM's are high the rpms stay hung and slowly drop down and then 2 engages and I begin pulling again. I was just wondering if the clutch was slipping or if there is something with the computer stopping the transmission from slamming into second? Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Im pretty sure thats normal I think mine does the same its just after you engage the clutch the transmission is spinning faster without the gear so when the transmission slows down a enought it drops and thats about the time you put in second. I hope I explained that right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I guess that makes sense. I'm coming from a mustang, so I'm used to slamming into gears and it grabbing instantly! If I get stage 2 will that shift be quicker?

·
Registered
370 Posts
ScootRed05SS said:
Well I guess that makes sense. I'm coming from a mustang, so I'm used to slamming into gears and it grabbing instantly! If I get stage 2 will that shift be quicker?
I dont think it would make it shift any quicker because its not changing the tranny or anything like that.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Umm, thats the clutch. The factory clutch does not hold the power on a fast shit very well. Powershifting is almost not an option. You have to slow down the shift just a little bit. Especially, once you do it a few times, it will be too hot to hold well at all. I think a clutch upgrade will do wonders for this car.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah I think I read his question wrong the first time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts