Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attn: Everyone Anyone Who Has Had Your Trans Grind Or Not Go In To Gear. The Dealer Just Notifed Me Today That Some Of The Clutchs That Are In The Ss Are Defective. So If Your Having This Problem Bring It Back. They Have To Replace It, Mine Is The Third One In My Area To Have This Problem. I'm Just Going By What The Dealer Said They Ordered My Clutch Today And I Should Have It In Tomorrow I'll Let You Know If It Goes Away Now.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
36 Posts
REDLX347 said:
Attn: Everyone Anyone Who Has Had Your Trans Grind Or Not Go In To Gear. The Dealer Just Notifed Me Today That Some Of The Clutchs That Are In The Ss Are Defective. So If Your Having This Problem Bring It Back. They Have To Replace It, Mine Is The Third One In My Area To Have This Problem. I'm Just Going By What The Dealer Said They Ordered My Clutch Today And I Should Have It In Tomorrow I'll Let You Know If It Goes Away Now.
My tranny grinds going into reverse sometimes, how does this relate to the clutch?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
It seems I may have a problem as well. In first I get very little acceleration from about 4500 to 6500 RPM, feels really weak. All other gears seem good, and I love the acceleration in second and third, but can't go faster then 25mph in first. Odd, anyone else have similar issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
Grind in reverse sometimes can be clutch or pilot bushing/bearing... Take it to the dealer!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
my tranny grinds going in to reverse to and it's hard to put in third when your rpm his over 5.the car smokes black often when i start it up to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i got my car back on friday with new clutch flywheel and pressure plate, works perfect now no grinding and thrid doesn't move as much as it used to as far as thrid gm said there is no real fix. but now it grabs 10 times better and this is suposed to be an updated verson of the clutch, but i'm warning everyone you should bring it back asap becasue the gm rep came down and gave them a hard time about warrentying becasue its owned by a younger driver and they were saying it had the crawp kicked out of it which it hasn't, it get beaten a lil bit. i had all the problems the first day i picked it up and i didn't bring it in till 1100 miles and they finally got the parts in when i had 2100 so good lcuk to everyone thank god i didn't have to pay for anything
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I think I'm having problems with the clutch also. However my problem isnt really with grinding the gears, however it seems as if my clutch isnt releasing. For example if I floor it from a stop the car acts like I still have the clutch somewhat pushed in even though its not and if i try to give it more gas its very sluggish, and I can smell the clutch. It really only happens when I floor it from a stop and it doesnt happen all the time but it does happen a majority of the time. Ive tried launching from 0 rpms and at 2k rpms and its the same thing, which really sucks. From a roll when i floor it (anywhere between 25-45) it flies but off the line it is having this problem. What do you guys think this is? Should I take it in? Do you think they'll give me a rental car if i take it in or am I going to be without a car? What should I tell the service department? Should I tell them I'm floring it off the line and this is happening or should I just tell them that the clutch seems to be sticking when I'm driving it? Any and all your guys help would be appreciated, thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
Quick everyone lookaway... This thread is contagious... IF YOU READ THIS YOU WILL THINK YOU HAVE A CLUTCH PROBLEM INSTEAD OF BEING JUST A BAD DRIVER... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I honestly take offense to that last post, I do not at all think you are qualified to call me a bad driver, knowing nothing about how I drive, Ive driven a manual for the past 4 years now and never once had this problem, didnt have the problem when i took the cobalt off the lot or the first month and half that I had the car, the clutch is "sticking", if you dont have anything positive to contribute to a thread please dont post on our forums, thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
As an edit to my first post on this thread, or rather an addition, if i am in neutral not pushing in the clutch at all and I rev the engine to high rpms, they are very slow to go back to idle, they stay at about 4k rpms and slowly drop for several seconds after taking my foot off the gas, is this happening on anyone elses Cobalt? It seems to do the same thing when im trying to launch off the line, like its sticking or something...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
JoeySpicuzza said:
I honestly take offense to that last post, I do not at all think you are qualified to call me a bad driver, knowing nothing about how I drive, Ive driven a manual for the past 4 years now and never once had this problem, didnt have the problem when i took the cobalt off the lot or the first month and half that I had the car, the clutch is "sticking", if you dont have anything positive to contribute to a thread please dont post on our forums, thanks.

I guess the smilie face did not help... Maybe I should have put this one :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
By the way I DIDN'T & will ever take offense to anything that gets posted in the forums...

So to clarify, what you just posted, I didn't find offensive, but pretty damn funny...

Oh & GROW UP

What smilie face should I use? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
JoeySpicuzza said:
I honestly take offense to that last post, I do not at all think you are qualified to call me a bad driver, knowing nothing about how I drive, Ive driven a manual for the past 4 years now and never once had this problem, didnt have the problem when i took the cobalt off the lot or the first month and half that I had the car, the clutch is "sticking", if you dont have anything positive to contribute to a thread please dont post on our forums, thanks.
I created my sig dedicated to you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Quite Jacking Up This Thread, Its A Problem Section Particularly Pretaining To Some Clutch Problems We Are Having With Our Cobalts, Again If You Dont Have Anything Positive To Contribute To This Forum Please Dont Post Anything At All...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
JoeySpicuzza said:
Quit Jacking Up This Thread, Its A Problem Section Particularly Pretaining To Some Clutch Problems We Are Having With Our Cobalts, Again If You Dont Have Anything Positive To Contribute To This Forum Please Dont Post Anything At All...

I have a problem... & its people taken offense to what they read.. J/k... Oh I made a correction for you :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
Hmmmm....I remember the early SRT-4 having "issues" with flywheel bolts backing out due to no locktite being used on them. Happened to me. Had entire tranny replaced and no problems since.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
iball said:
Hmmmm....I remember the early SRT-4 having "issues" with flywheel bolts backing out due to no locktite being used on them. Happened to me. Had entire tranny replaced and no problems since.

I work on one like that. After the warranty expired, It also had some hard threading stuck in the pressure plate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
her stupid when you trans grinds there is a problem its called a dealer problem i've probly been driving stick longer than you had a lincense so if you don't have anything important to list keep it to your self
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top