Cobalts SS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a very long time of not seeing a worthy adversary, i came across 2 at the exact same time.

I was on rt. 70 in cherry hill nj, across from the triplex. going westbound towards philadelphia. i had an EVO trailing me for a little while, but we were in a 2 lane section of road and there was simply no where to go. but right as the road widens to 3 lanes, we both spotted an srt-4. as luck would have it, we cought the light:twothumbs

so it had just turned red, and both dudes were cool as hell. asian guy in the evo, and the srt had a cuban flag thing hangin from his mirror. (not that their race matters, but i'm giving details.)
the evo said he had a few bolt ons, and a tune. i stated my mods, and the srt driver said he had a BOV, and spent quite a bit on a pretty sweet 2 tone (silver and blue) paint job. (i have seen this srt @ the triplex before.. and DTM was there buying an evo tonight, so maybe he'll verify its existance :lol:)

so i say to the evo owner, "i know i'll lose, but lets see how bad" he chuckled.. then we sat in silence in anticipation of the green light.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
the evo straight owned both of us right from the door. :eek: he might have been 4-5 cars out on me by 50ish mph. he slowed down, then paced the skittle and i for the duration of our race, (its a guess, but i imagine it was to watch)

my race with the srt was alot more exciting. i got a pretty good launch (thanks boost ramp;) ) and by the end of first gear i was out a fender on him. he closed that gap while i was shifting to second then, i got it back when he shifted. i continued to pull about half a car by the end second. once i was in third gear, i pulled another 2 cars. i got into 4th a little bit, but only for a second, cause i saw him rapidly slowing down. he was admitting defeat.
both of these guys were really cool. it was nice to get into a race with people who dont act like jerks. i honked to both of them as they passed by, i got a honk from the srt, and a nod from the evo.. it looked like they were lining up for a 50 roll, but thats just not my style. plus, we were pretty close to my house at this point.. and i took my exit

sorry, no one had a passenger, so there will be no video posted. it was a race of oppritunity, and i really wish the wife was there to film it, but thats life.

cliffs notes : the race starts at the dashed line, stop being lazy and read it :lol:

mods:
2.9" pulley, 42lb/hr injectors, ported blower, aem intake, full exhaust (zzp header + d/p, custom 2.5" magnaflow) ssc lowering springs, ngk plugs, some unimportant asthetic stuff..

·
Registered
143 Posts
very cool good runs, your balt must be pretty quick.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
personal best of 13.6, but i cant change my sig cause i dont know how to photochop
someone else made it for me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts