Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now the 2nd time I've had to get my car towed to the dealer because of this issue. Out of nowhere, the shifter can be moved in a big circle without even pushing in the clutch pedal, but could still barely be put in gear, until eventually you can't put it in any gear.

Same thing happened again except when I put it in 2nd gear, that bitch stayed there! Now the shifter goes back and forth between 1st and 2nd, but not engaging. Won't even go to the neutral section, just stuck all the way to the left, free-swinging back and forth.

I'm pretty sure its not the clutch, but rather the linkage or a roll pin is messed up. Any ideas?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I see no one replied to this but just wanted to update. It ended up being the clutch fork that was messed up. And that part just happens to be on National backorder and they wont receive the part until Friday. Fuckin sucks.

They put in a freakin Aveo for a rental car! Been stuck in this Piece Of Shit since Thursday and now I gotta wait till probably Saturday for them to put that damn thing in. I really hate the Aveo(all what, 80 hp?), doesnt even have a damn CD player, nor power anything. Its ok, I've been ripping the shit of the E-brake and drifting like a MF! I hate rental cars

·
Registered
572 Posts
Don't worry....

I had viewed this thread but could not tell you what the problem could have been because it could of been one out of plenty.

On the note of the Aveo: I feel you man. That thing is a slug on wheels. It is as slow as a hybrid Honda but with a GM badge on it. You should throw that POS around as much as you can before you give it back:).

Hope you get the SS out soon! Good luck.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Yah I've been beating the shit out it, trust me. I love the cute little horn they put on those things. They guys at work love it. Sounds like the fuckin road runner! Nee Nee

Yah, I can't believe the part is on backorder. Either my situation happens alot, or hardly ever. This sux, I miss my baby=( I'm so depressed, lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
Aww i feel for you.... I hope all goes well at the doctors and your baby arrives home safely after surgery... lol. As for the Aveo... I love GM but what the F**k were they thinking when they decided to make that... Yup i would sure bag it before it goes back.... Have fun while doin it :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahaha, lmfao! I totally agree. I miss my tint. If I had tint on the Aveo, I'd at least be able to hide my face when I come to red lights. So embarassing. I'm used to getting looks while I'm driving my SS, cuz its sexy hehe, but now I get looks from, what feels like, everybody! I feel like everyone is pointing and laughing at me, lol.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Haha... Well i hate to say this bud BUT ppl probably are laughing at you... A guy driving an aveo?? They are probably thinking what the hell?? Ok sorry that was mean but just think soon you will have your ride and everything will be all good. I dunno what i would do if i were in your shoes?? I think i may just run and hide.... I would miss my car way too much to let it sit there. Anywho, keep us posted & good luck to you....

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yah, I'd be laughing at me too. It used to me doing the laughing. Hopefully I'll have her tomorrow so she will be ready for the weekend. We like to for long rides together and terrorize the local rice population. lol

·
Registered
572 Posts
Yeah a man driving an Aveo over here on my side of the U.S. = fruit Loop.

Not saying you are because you are stuck with it but its the same thing with a man driving a yellow bug or a pink Mini Cooper :).

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Or an xB, lol. On a serious note though, those things only weigh 1800 lbs! I already cooked up some ways to hook that thing up, lol. I think with the right owner that thing could haul some ass. Or was that just a bad dream I had last night?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Or an xB, lol. On a serious note though, those things only weigh 1800 lbs! I already cooked up some ways to hook that thing up, lol. I think with the right owner that thing could haul some ass. Or was that just a bad dream I had last night?
AHHHHH... You seriously need to give your head a shake man.... WAKE UP!!! lol.... But yea i bet they would just fly if u did some mods to it.... Ha, would that be a sight... Take it back to the dealer all pimped out and stuff, love to see the look on their faces....

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AHHH... ok, I'm awake now, thanks. I think I got Stockholm Syndrome or something.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good idea, but I think I'll be taking it back dirty as hell and with bald spots on the tires from ripping the E-brake and sliding so much. I'm trying to make the best out of a bad time in my life i.e. Aveo time

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would take it back dirty... Man if they are going to give you a rental car and you drop off a 'sexy' car they should at least have the decency to give you a nice looking car back so u dont look like an idoit... Ahhh well, it will all be over soon...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yah, its the only thing they had. Since its for warranty, they have to put me in a GM product and its was the only GM available out of like 12 different Enterprises.

I got kind of pissed a couple days ago when I went to the dealer to get some stuff out of my car and it was dirty as hell! This is the longest its ever seen the sun and the dirtiest its ever been. Its always in my garage or under an overhang. I walk up to it and hood is popped and my windows are half way down. Now my engine bay is filthy and my black leather is now covered in fuckin sand! The sun here is relentless, its supposed to be 92 today

·
Registered
572 Posts
Check this shit out man....

The other day I was scanning through youtube and found a couple guys that probably do the same thing as you but to a base Cobalt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMfJvYj

You should try the doing what they do to the Aveo and film it. I laughed so hard when they dragged the car hella far with the e-brake on. :D

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll have to look at it when I get home. I'm sure I'll dig it though. Damn Gov't computers!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Aww i feel for you.... I hope all goes well at the doctors and your baby arrives home safely after surgery... lol. As for the Aveo... I love GM but what the F**k were they thinking when they decided to make that... Yup i would sure bag it before it goes back.... Have fun while doin it :)
Doesn't the Aveo get really good gas mileage? Something like an old Geo Metro? That's probably what GM was thinking. Although at this point if I was concerned about gas I'd take a Cobalt at 37 mpg highway or a highbreed Toyota and get 65+ in city. Not an Aveo and get slightly better than a Cobalt and a lot less power.

You could definitely tune it and make it fast but in the end no one would respect you even if you were a 10 second car. They would just say that money would have been better spent on an Eclipse or Subaru or whatever.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Doesn't the Aveo get really good gas mileage? Something like an old Geo Metro? That's probably what GM was thinking. Although at this point if I was concerned about gas I'd take a Cobalt at 37 mpg highway or a highbreed Toyota and get 65+ in city. Not an Aveo and get slightly better than a Cobalt and a lot less power.

You could definitely tune it and make it fast but in the end no one would respect you even if you were a 10 second car. They would just say that money would have been better spent on an Eclipse or Subaru or whatever.
So Yah, my car is still at the damn dealer! Finally got the parts in and when they were installing it, they noticed that there was some kind of washer missing in the transmission! Apparently its the reason why my shit keeps breaking. So, they are over-nighting the part from some Pujo manufacturer. Should have it on there and running by thursday. aint that some shit?

Here are some updated pics of the Aveo, lol

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts