Cobalts SS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Scourge said:
I can not see the Cobalt compared to the Camry or Accord. I have driven a Pontiac Pursuit and the Cobalt's not far off. I've sat in a Cobalt LS and it looked cheap despite the better trim. The vents look to be part of the dash. By that I mean it doesn't look like they're a separte piece. The plastic is hard but feels cheap when I tap on it. The cut of the metallic colored strip running from door to door near the center console looked uneven. I don't know what the manual shifter for the Cobalt LS is like but in the Pursuit, it was this ugly, black, rubber ball. The door also pressed against my arm (and I'm a small 5'6" guy). The handling was not responsive; rocking the steering wheel back and forth only yielded in virtually unnoticeable swerves. The steering wheel in the LS was better than the Pursuit though. The LS's was wrapped whereas the Pursuit's was a hard, non-grippy plastic. They could have at least used a urethane coat.

I'd say it's more fair to compare to the Civic. The 2006 ratings for the Civic are going to be closer. I'm guessing 160hp for the base and 200hp for the Si Coupe. You know, I still see the Honda Civic outselling the Cobalt even though it's got less of an oomph.
so i'm not the only one who thinks the cobalt/pursuit has a cheep interior. i agree with that, the plastic seems a bit to cheap. and yeah, whats with the shifter, by the looks of it the ss's isn't much better...

· Registered
48 Posts
yeah, thats why i'm not to worried...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.