Cobalts SS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually joined this forum cause my girlfriend is picking up her Cobalt LS soon. She's ordering it tommorow, and will get it whenever it comes in. She wants to modify it, and I wanna help her, however I cant find anything for it yet, I'm assuming because it's so new. This is the only Cobalt forum I could find, I know it's for the SS but I couldnt find anything else, so I figured I'd ask for help here. If there is another forum you could refer me to, or just help me with finding what I need now that would be great. She really just wants to do simple things, like an intake and exhaust. She's already looking into the RKsport hood and maybe the body kit. Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

·
Registered
241 Posts
rockthels said:
I actually joined this forum cause my girlfriend is picking up her Cobalt LS soon. She's ordering it tommorow, and will get it whenever it comes in. She wants to modify it, and I wanna help her, however I cant find anything for it yet, I'm assuming because it's so new. This is the only Cobalt forum I could find, I know it's for the SS but I couldnt find anything else, so I figured I'd ask for help here. If there is another forum you could refer me to, or just help me with finding what I need now that would be great. She really just wants to do simple things, like an intake and exhaust. She's already looking into the RKsport hood and maybe the body kit. Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Because its so knew it will take some time before the aftermarket gets some parts out, just wait a bit and save up some cash.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll definetly be frequenting this forum. I like the Cobalts more and more everytime I see them. I tried to push my girlfriend to get the SS, over the LS, but she's using it to commute and everything, so the LS seems more practical over the SS. Personally, I drive a Ford SVT Focus and I'm a pretty avid enthusiast, but I cant deny that the Cobalt SS is an amazing car, and I definetly would like to own one.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Hey man the SVT is a bad car in itself. My buddy had one and let me drive it. I was really diggin the Climate Control Seats :D And it was pretty fast to for a NA car. And from what I hear there are several superchargers for them. I think Ford even put out a warranted one. Not sure if that still stands though since they discontinued the SVT. Which I think was stupid. I think they should bring it back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the jackson racing roots style supercharger is warrantied if you get it installed at a certified SVT dealership. Only problem is that the JR supercharger gives you shit for power. I'm currently deciding between the ProCharger for it, or a turbo. Either way it'll be fun. And yeah, I love the climate control seats. I really just cant wait to see what I can run against a Cobalt SS, I mean, I know I'll get tooled, but I'm just curious to see how well I can do.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
rockthels said:
Yeah the jackson racing roots style supercharger is warrantied if you get it installed at a certified SVT dealership. Only problem is that the JR supercharger gives you shit for power. I'm currently deciding between the ProCharger for it, or a turbo. Either way it'll be fun. And yeah, I love the climate control seats. I really just cant wait to see what I can run against a Cobalt SS, I mean, I know I'll get tooled, but I'm just curious to see how well I can do.
if you can get a nice supercharger for it, do so!

i think it's better off supercharged

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I'm torn just cause the turbo has torque to match the horsepower (around 235 for both hp and torque) while the supercharger has higher horsepower and low torque (I've heard to the wheels around 250hp and around 200 torque). I'll decide when I have the cash saved up. Also I was trying to find some stuff for my girlfriends car, and I ran into a turbo kit on www.turbo-kits.com. Looks like an OK kit, but I'm not sure. She test drove a Monte Carlo SS Intimidator and fell in love, but she couldnt afford it so she's hell bent on putting some F/I into her car. I dont blame her though, it'll be damn fun.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
Superchargers are generally more reliable than turbos ;)
That is so true expecaily in gas car's and trucks. But is a diesel engines how ever a turbo will be alot more reliable. I have seen a V-16 diesel with 2 VERY large turbo's and two very large SUPERCHARGER'S. :D
I belive it had 16,000 ftlbs of tourqe!

Sorry for going off topic.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
KSE said:
well, S/C would be kool, but so would the Turbo to be honest.. it just depends on what you really want...

both are good, i think it comes down to personal preference
Yeah that is what is really does come down to basicly and i would stay S/C.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts