Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while workin at the dealership today i saw a sunburst orange cobalt ss/sc and a 2005 acura tl which i belive has a 3.2 liter in it going side by side way over the limit prolly 60-65 in a 35 goin towards the highway where all the people race i dont know if they did but who do you think won or would have?

·
Registered
543 Posts
hopefully the TL won..... 270hp stock v. 205hp and there isnt a huge weight difference.

·
Registered
498 Posts
What? the TL weighs like 3400 lbs. It would be a close race. but if you're good with a stick, you should take it.

BTW, that reminds me...a friend of mine just ordered a new TL, and should have it by now. Maybe I should race him? Hmmmmm :cool:

·
Registered
543 Posts
the weight difference is like having a driver and a passenger that weigh 200lbs each.... not that far fetched. And quite alot of street races happen due to the passenger in the car talking the trash either to you or the other person.
Add in a sunroof, other options that add more to the curb weight, the weight difference between the two is not that big, especially on a street race or light to light. An '03 TL runs mid 14's, w/ a 0-60 @ 6 secs....and, the Acura driver can use the VTEC mod.

·
Registered
543 Posts
DC52NV said:
i would say the TL should win.
should but...... who knows just yet.

·
Registered
259 Posts
drivers race... from the specs they are pretty close.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
mm_omega2 said:
hopefully the TL won..... 270hp stock v. 205hp and there isnt a huge weight difference.
more like 270hp vs. 240hp, if I'm not mistaken..

I would also give the advantage to the TL, but I think it's extra power makes up for the extra weight......

I say driver's race... with the TL pulling SLIGHTLY at top end *Shurgs*

·
Banned
65 Posts
I would say the ford focus with the fart can should win. I mean look at it shine, if they don't have sun glasses, they're _ucked. :D I'll take my chances with any car & a shitty driver. :cool:

·
Registered
543 Posts
???????? if you say so

·
Registered
144 Posts
MoparTurbo3R said:
Are you in an S2000 here? 240hp for an SS?? Dont the "numbers" say that it is 205??
I think he is trying to guesstimate what the actual crank numbers would be since it they are dyno-ing at about 215 to the wheels.

·
Registered
543 Posts
the CSS puts out around 250ish at the crank and between 215-220 at the wheels as recent dyno #'s have been showing. Even though Chevy rates it at [email protected] the wheels.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I vote for the TL, as I've seen many break into 14's, mainly mid 14's, as I haven't seen any CSS do that just yet. Maybe one or two the most. Most of what I've seen are in the mid 15's to low 16's.

·
Registered
261 Posts
CD'srt said:
I vote for the TL, as I've seen many break into 14's, mainly mid 14's, as I haven't seen any CSS do that just yet. Maybe one or two the most. Most of what I've seen are in the mid 15's to low 16's.
When you say, Most of I've seen are in the mid 15's to low 16's, are sure you are not seeing regular Cobalt LS's running. To put down those kind of numbers I would have to try hard to screw up. Maybe you need to actually see one run before making silly claims like that. I've run 14.7-14.8 several times with limited 1st gear traction. :confused:

·
Registered
261 Posts
CD'srt said:

[email protected] with a 2.346 60ft.-best ET
[email protected] with a 2.557 60ft.-best trap
2004 Red Line bone stock down to the factory airfilter.

I know the Cobalt SSs aren't much if any slower. That was my first time at a track ever.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts