Cobalts SS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I want a Cobalt SS however, I have a few questions first. I live in Maine on the border of Maine and Canada. We get lots of snow between November and March. I was just wondering how many of you use a Cobalt SS in the snow? Would it be decent in the snow with some snow tires? Does it have enough ground clearance to make it through driveways that may have 3-5 inches of snow? Also, there are moose accidents here once in a while. I would like a truck for the safety in a crash, is the Cobalt SS decent in crashes from what you have heard?

-Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well Sir. I own one and They are pretty good cars in the snow if you put all season tires on them. I reccomend Falken tires. Others would Suggest Yokohama or Pirelli tires. Cobalt had pretty good crash ratings. But if you wanna know more I would suggest reading the consumer automotive report. Or you could find that out through other various sources.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well i'll tell you now i've owned both an SS/SC and a SS/TC and both do pretty good in snow with stock tires. As far as clearance they only have about 3 maybe 3.5 inches of clearance in the front. When it comes to crashes they are pretty good, I rolled my SS/SC and the passanger side held up fine, but the driver got fucked, I have pics but can't post them yet, i'll send them if you want

·
Registered
72 Posts
All season tires are, at best, a compromise in all seasons...get real snow tires that are softer compound and have sipes to grip ice/snow...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts