Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just registered here and am looking for a new car. I just recently was hit in my srt and it was totaled!!! I was wondering what your likes and dislikes are with the cobalt so far. I'm still unsure if I will be getting another SRT or the Cobalt, but I am sure that I am staying with the Domestic Cars for sure! Thanks for any feedback guys!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I think the Cobalt SS looks nice, but I think the SRT is still a nice looking car as well. Im more concerned with how the car rides, interior noise levels and things that have more to do with comfort. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
sorry for the the dig,i probably shouldn't talk 'till i actually HAVE my cobalt!
still waiting 4 months back order :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
steve said:
COBALT SS!!! no matter how you dress it up, the SRT4 is still just a 4-door NEON ;)

WTF does that have to do with anything?

STFU unless you have something to add to the thread.

·
Registered
90 Posts
well is hard for me , i have a 508 whp srt-4 , we also own a 300 whp stock turbo srt-4 and now i got my wife the cobalt. the cobalt will get lots of goodies very soon. i will be becoming a vndor of this forum soon

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
well is hard for me , i have a 508 whp srt-4 , we also own a 300 whp stock turbo srt-4 and now i got my wife the cobalt. the cobalt will get lots of goodies very soon. i will be becoming a vndor of this forum soon
Yeah it would be hard for me to but you can see your self the potentioal for car that has some seriouse potentioal for that street and on the strip. And keep us updated on the stuff that will becomeing out. I will be very interested. And are you based out of PA? I live right outside Harrisburg.

·
Registered
22 Posts
srt4b said:
WTF does that have to do with anything?

STFU unless you have something to add to the thread.
alright,alright,calm down.just trying to get a rise out of all the dodge owners
on a what i thought was a chevy site. no serious intent,just a friendly jab :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
steve said:
alright,alright,calm down.just trying to get a rise out of all the dodge owners
on a what i thought was a chevy site. no serious intent,just a friendly jab :rolleyes:
Yeah but you got to watch your self here because this site is FULL of SRT-4 owners.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I guess it just depends on what your looking for in the car.

The SRT4 has much more performance. Face it. 2.0L Cobalt SS to a 2.4L SRT4. Also the turbo has a much better rate of performance gain than a supercharger. But you also have to look at the comfort factors of each car. The SRT4 wasn't made to be comfortable. It was made to perform. The Cobalt SS is a much more refined vehicle and the interior is much nicer and sleaker. The Cobalt SS is more of an average driver's car whereas the SRT4 is directed more towards the guy who wants to go balls to the wall fast.

Other than that it just seemed the Cobalt Designers got lazy. Who in there right mind would continue to use a solid rear axle when it's just as cheap to go independant rear. Also why was a 5 speed manual used when they have access to 6sp Getrags? Just doesn't make sense. Why cheap out?

Riddler

·
Registered
22 Posts
just my point.anyhoo any thoughts on motor trends head to head match between
SRT-4 & COBALT SS. they brought up something that worries me. they claimed that
the limited slip diff. was A.W.O.L.

·
Registered
90 Posts
we feel that in a race the srt-4 will be alot faster stock for stock.However from owning both cars the cobalt does get out of the hole alot quicker, the stock clutch in the cobalt also engages alot harder, and the trans is smoother and shifter feels awsome. but as said earlier the srt-4 is more of a race car out of the box where the cobalt has more of the luxury

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ray, i know of your car pretty well (srt4) being a veteran over on the srtforums, so your opinion is greatly appreciated. I have seen your car in videos and its seems to be a true monster. I saw over on the other forum that you said you cant say which exactly you like better and belive me i can understand fully. Now that im ready to buy another car i though for sure it was going to be another srt but i love the appearance of the cobalt so im stuck! Either way I will remain on both forums and try and contribute to both since i like both cars so much. Thanks for the feedback everybody, i would like to hear some driving impression's as soon as you guys can really drive them.

BTW: Ray is a great vendor for the srt's and I would recommend him to anybody looking for high quality products for aftermarket support and customer service.

1 - 20 of 208 Posts