Cobalts SS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that GM is having the employee discount. I am seriously wanting to buy this car. My choices were so far: '06 Civic SI, '06 Scion tC, and '06 Chevy Cobalt SS.

The GM employee price for this car is exactly $20,034.15.

But I don't want the G85 package. I can live without it. My budget is technically 19 grand ish....out the door and I want to drop a downpayment of $8000.

SO i want to ask...how are my chances of getting a cobalt ss/sc for 19 grand out the door at a Socal dealer....base...base...model...ZERO options....all i want is leather and that is standard

thanks guys!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!!! If your gonna drop an $8K down payment then you need to go ahead and splurge and get the G85! IMO! Good luck with gettin it! Oh and welcome aboard buddy!

·
Registered
297 Posts
The only way your going to find out, is to go hit up a couple of dealerships.
Tell them what you want and be firm... Shop around though, 8K can do a lot of talking by itself :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks a bunch guys!!! yea, my down payment is guaranteed to be a hefty 8 grand MINIMUM! I'm working 63 hours a week this summer just to drop this down payment. A paid summer internship for my major (electrical engineering) and also at a vitamins store. Mon-Fri and sunday. :)

but yea...i hope GM will give it to me.... i will call around when the time comes.

·
Registered
297 Posts
NfamousZ24 said:
As far as I know the GM Employee discount for everyone ends July 5th.
Yea but with that kind of money down, he might get a better deal ;) . I know when I bought mine they couldn't go below the employee discount :( ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts