Cobalts SS banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Great lakes dragway Sunday. Raced a what i believe a 1967 Corvette Stingray With a Big Block, also a cobalt 2.2 ltr with an intake, exhaust, motor mounts. and a full B&G suspension just like the one on my SS/SC. Then Comes a 1957 Bel Air that ran low 9's That was a fun one.. well for some reason it wont allow me to upload the vids but i will figure it out . anyways i ran a 14.22 at 97mph with a r/t of .018.:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
can't wait to see the vid

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did good the big block stingray beat me by.4 of a sec and obviously the 9sec bel air blew my doors off. that is a funny vid he rips out of the hole on a wheelie. and vs the 2.2ltr i beat him by a 1.5 seconds and his whole entire car was gutted out, i just removed the passenger side seat.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
what were your 60ft times? you should be able to beat that stingray!

work on your launches and shifting and you can be in low 14s.

also what are your mods?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My 60ft times ranged from 2.397 to 2.414. My mods consist of a 3'' catless down pipe, a 2.5" exhaust, cold air intake, ported and polished stock exhaust manifold and thats it. this is a used motor with like 10000 mi on it i took out the original which had 5000mi on it to build it. because the cams and ported polished s/c were allready on the motor. so i have all time access to an engine hoist so it was easier to pull out the original and drop in a new motor. So far on that motor i have a ported polished s/c. the GMPP camshafts, The block has been bored.20 over. Total Seal diamond coated forged pistons, ring and pin kit 9.5:1 compression ratio, and 65# or 650cc injectors, ARP head studs, and a Cometic head gasket, and a Spec stage 3 clutch, and a Findanza Aluminum Flywheel ready to go on. Then all of the parts on the motor in the car now are going to be swapped over . intake, d/p, and i am going to buy a 3" exhaust waiting for my ecu my machined snout water/meth injection, 2.8" pulley and tensioner to come in. so motor is almost done just needs to be dropped in and tuned, prob by Sound Performance those guys were a big help. the motor in now i bought from a junkyard that just so happened to be going out of buisness for 900$ but had to drive a truck to Tennessee to pick it up. Also the motor in the car will be for sale prob like 700$ for the whole thing it now has 36000mi on it now. soo if anyone wants it PM me... Anyways I wasnt dumping it off the line because it would just wheel hop like a son of a bitch! I know i need a torque dampener but i have bigger and better things to take care of right now. also the vids are avi and for some reason i cant upload them maybe i will just upload to you tube and give a link.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i believe i am because the 2.8" pulley and it being ported and polished, and the motor being built. for right now yes i am staying with the eaton m62 because i dont got the cash to throw down on a 1000$ intake manifold and a turbo kit.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
youre going to need a lot of cooling mods.

the eaton or heaton is known for running super hot with any pulley under 3inch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts