Cobalts SS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: Hey guys just thought i would tell you that there was a Cobalt SS sedan at work today. i work at GM it had the SS front bumper rear bumper, the factory sport wing, side skirts and the SS wheels were chrome. it was white. it looked awesome. i think it was just test car though it had the same stock interior for the sedan. sorry no pics i could get fired, but take my word for it, it was cool looking. :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Now, the sedan SS is going to be 2.2L 170hp all motor, right?

·
Registered
543 Posts
I posted about these a few days ago. It's supposed to be an '06 model. Here. Non supercharged 2.4L 172HP 162 TRQ.

·
Registered
114 Posts
So the n/a coupe is currently the 2.2l Ecotec, and it will be upgraded to a 2.4l in 2006, while the 2.0 (SS) stays the same, right? Are these all the exact same engine, basically? If so, I wonder if they are just changing the bore or giving it a longer stroke?!

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
No the base engine will still be a 2.2L, there will be two OPTIONAL engines the all motor 2.4L and the S/C 2.0L. I would assume they are the same engines w/ different bores and/or strokes?!?!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well, if it's just a matter of stroke, I see some crazy swap potential there. :)
But for now, I suppose we should just let the dag-gone thing hit the streets first.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
WRicerX said:
Well, if it's just a matter of stroke, I see some crazy swap potential there. :)
But for now, I suppose we should just let the dag-gone thing hit the streets first.
Definitely! On both statements! The closest one to me is an hour away which isnt bad but still bein a larger city in this area I figured we would have one already!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
The closest one to me is an hour away which isnt bad but still bein a larger city in this area I figured we would have one already!!!
Yeah, same here. Fort Wayne is not all that big, but it's like the 3rd largest city in Ind. Then again, I don't think I've seen any Redlines either. Weird.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Well there is one red Redline that has been settin at our dealer for months now but Im still holdin out for a Cobalt!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts