Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this kid I know has been running his mouth about beating me ever since I picked up my 2005 GTO. He says he's got a ported s/c, 2.8'' pulley, something about bigger injectors, the usual bolt ons, and a tune? Idk, he like to run his mouth basically. He said he's got over 300whp (which I see as near impossible on that cute little supercharger). We took our cars to a clear highway last night and he insisted on going from a roll (racing should be from a stop but w/e) 40mph up to about 120 when I shut down I put 5-6+ carlengths on him (hard to count that many) and pulling awefully hard. My car is an M6 and is as stock as they come. He went home after our race, haven't heard from him since :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
far from 300whp I can assure you of that haha

But you do have an LS2 not an LS1...big difference.

I would say 5 car lengths behind a LS2 is respectable...especially since you raced to 120...I am sure a good 2 of those lengths was made between 100 and 120? Am I wrong.

Also, there have been Stage 2.8's pulling 13.4 and 13.5's...which would put your stock GTO at 12.9 and 13 flat considering the lengths?

Good kill none the less. LS2 gto's are wicked quick.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who knows actual numbers without going to the track. This race was from a 40 roll and him getting the move, so comparing lengths and times is really tough to do. Personally I think it woulda been much worse from a dig.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Friend of mine at work has an 05 GTO. He won't race me but I did drive his car a couple of times.I wasn't impressed with it from a stop. It had as much wheel hop as my front driver did. but once it got rolling it was as fast to 120 as anything I've ever seen (Stock). I hope Gm does a little more with the next GTO. The exterior was a little bland for such an iconic auto. Interiors are extremely nice.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Friend of mine at work has an 05 GTO. He won't race me but I did drive his car a couple of times.I wasn't impressed with it from a stop. It had as much wheel hop as my front driver did. but once it got rolling it was as fast to 120 as anything I've ever seen (Stock). I hope Gm does a little more with the next GTO. The exterior was a little bland for such an iconic auto. Interiors are extremely nice.
i thought they were discontinuing the gto?

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
far from 300whp I can assure you of that haha

But you do have an LS2 not an LS1...big difference.

I would say 5 car lengths behind a LS2 is respectable...especially since you raced to 120...I am sure a good 2 of those lengths was made between 100 and 120? Am I wrong.

Also, there have been Stage 2.8's pulling 13.4 and 13.5's...which would put your stock GTO at 12.9 and 13 flat considering the lengths?

Good kill none the less. LS2 gto's are wicked quick.

I don't find the LS2 GTO as 'wicked' quick... They are simply ok. The car lacks top end pull.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Well........I guess it depends on what your comparing them to:rolleyes: And comparing them to other completely stock cars out there , their not to shabby.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
he might be comparing it to his beast of a srt4

·
Registered
597 Posts
Some of the comments about GTO's are just plain funny.

The LS1 model isn't as quick as the LS2 but thats pretty easy to figure out since it has a 50HP advantage. However I would say that both pull hard up top especially the LS2.

In the last five years I have had 2 LS1 Camaro SS's, a 2003 Mustang GT and a Stage 2 SS/SC. My GTO was about par in the 1/4 with my Camaro SS M6 but would easily pull on it from a roll.

You need something with serious balls to say a LS2 GTO doesn't pull hard up top.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

The LS1 model isn't as quick as the LS2 but thats pretty easy to figure out since it has a 50HP advantage. However I would say that both pull hard up top especially the LS2.

In the last five years I have had 2 LS1 Camaro SS's, a 2003 Mustang GT and a Stage 2 SS/SC. My GTO was about par in the 1/4 with my Camaro SS M6 but would easily pull on it from a roll.

You need something with serious balls to say a LS2 GTO doesn't pull hard up top.
600hp going to the front wheels yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts

My 2006 LS2 and every one I test drove before I bought mine lacks top end pull, they are a nice car, however very heavy, and they lack topend pull, and you don't need something with serious balls to say this, you merely have to have a clue as to what a fast car really is.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
600hp going to the front wheels yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Cant tell if you are being sarcastic or not... clearly you haven't been around here that long... MT is as real as it gets... her cars are all badass!

BTW MT, did you keep that SS S/C you bought? And what about the Monte SS? Haven't heard anything about either of those two in a while...

·
Registered
597 Posts
My 2006 LS2 and every one I test drove before I bought mine lacks top end pull, they are a nice car, however very heavy, and they lack topend pull, and you don't need something with serious balls to say this, you merely have to have a clue as to what a fast car really is.

Mine pulled like a Cavalier Z24 with 26 miles on it, I can allready tell a difference with only 800 on the clock.

And 3700lbs is only heavy to people who drive cars with 150FtLbs of torque. Just like all of the people who said the F-Body was heavy................

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
Mine pulled like a Cavalier Z24 with 26 miles on it, I can allready tell a difference with only 800 on the clock.

And 3700lbs is only heavy to people who drive cars with 150FtLbs of torque. Just like all of the people who said the F-Body was heavy................
3700lbs is to damn heavy, this car would have been even better if it was in the 3100-3200 range.. It certianly would have had some more top end grunt, where it currently lacks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
MT is a lady.;)
learn something new everyday. now instead of seeing alot of HER stuff as sarcastic, arrogant, jibberish it's taken on a whole new level of funny.......in a good way. girl's talking shit are funny

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
learn something new everyday. now instead of seeing alot of HER stuff as sarcastic, arrogant, jibberish it's taken on a whole new level of funny.......in a good way. girl's talking shit are funny

I'm sending you a Cadillac!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts