Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , i want to know for first upgrade if i should buy gmstg1 (map sensor kit 1000$) or the superchips (350$).

The superchips if its true should give 40hp

gmstg1 only 20 hp but 70 tq

I got a cobalt Turbo 2009 stock.

Thanks for reply and if any got a dyno result after one of those mod , i want to know if the superchip really give that amount of power .

Iam french so dont look at my english type thanks.

·
Registered
451 Posts
$1000???? I paid $450 for the kit and $150 for install GMS1 $600 total and I still have the warranty
feels like a whole new car too

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm 450$ i just try another GM and they sell it 1150$ for a sensor and little tune.

i live in canada (QC) maybe they like to make big price...

I will like to know if the superchip really give 40hp if yes for the price iam better go with superchips.

·
Registered
451 Posts
buy it from crait engine depot much cheaper than at the dealership and install isnt much, let us know how the superchip goes if you go that route though if your not worried about your warranty, i suggest trifecta best tune for the money

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was trying to learn about my options on aftermarket vs GM also. Yesterday I spoke with the following sources: 2 race shops that do mostly Hondas and some other small cars, 3 high performance shops that do mostly fast cars like Vipers and Corvettes. Two of those people are very experienced racers that I have known for years. I have previously spoken with Hahn Racecraft and a buddy who is the parts manager at a Chevy dealership. Everyone except Hahn recommended the GM kit for street car use. That should tell you something, well it did for me. I'm going with the GM kit. Warrantied by GM, reasonable price, and still passes smog. Now that I've done some research it's a pretty easy decision.

Dog

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok , finaly i buy the superchips and a injen intake for a first upgrade . My next step its that stgm1 map sensor kit. Dog if you find a good price for your map kit msg me .

thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts