Cobalts SS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys.. i was jus wonderin what all of you thought about the perelli tires in the winter.. , are they all year round tires? or should we be geting winter tires for the car.. leme know what you think

·
Registered
7 Posts
the best thing u can do for ur cobalt in the winter is store it. buy a winter beater. the cobalt ss is very similar to the srt-4 in alot of ways suspension, touchy steering, rubber band tires, but most of all it goes under boost. one storm in the winter with boost and you will realize even with snow tires that the ss supercharged is not ment for snow at all

·
Registered
186 Posts
do not drive ur SS in the snow for one. If u absolutely have to get diff tires the perillis suck royally in the snow. look on 1010 tires and you can find some wicked rubber.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a non supercharged SS and I'm getting Goodyear winter tires for it. I havent decided yet whether or not to take the rims off in the winter because I leased the car for 2 years. As long as the rims can take 2 years of abuse then I will leave them on.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Well the RL didn't mind the cold air or anything. Granted, on streets with more than 2 inches of snow on them (basically any street that isn't major) it took for ever to get to speed (summer tires sort of suck on snow...duh). But many have commented that with good winter tires, it drives great and handles great. I'll find out in about 2-3 months though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rocky said:
i think i am going to be getting just 2 winter tires for the front. im getting the dunlop winter sport M3 only 161 on tirerack..com

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compa...ode=53450&performance=W&minLoad=S&search=true
Under the description it said
www.tirerack.com said:
Do not mix radial snow tires with tires of other construction, size, ply rating, or pattern type. Dunlop highly recommends fitment of four snow tires of the same type and rating for optimum mud and snow traction as well as maintenance of vehicle handling characteristics.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
really need some thinner tires for winter.... wide tires on snow isn't as good as some donut cutters. find some steelies that'll fit and then let me know where you found them so i can buy a set lol... if i can find 'em i'll go with some 195's or 205's max

·
Registered
364 Posts
LordSpawn said:
Under the description it said

thanks for that i didnt even notice it said that. well that sucks i dont want to have to buy 4 of them. at least there wouldnt be labor cause i can put them on at work

·
Registered
945 Posts
Well i drove a RWD only Explorer throughout last winter in Michigan, i dont know if any of you live here but last winter was the suck. I dont have the room to buy a winter beater so im stuck driving it and i dont think it could be anywhere near as bad as the explorer was.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have had Pirelli tires on two of my motorcycles and on my XJS.

They were all crap. They came with them and when it was time to buy new tires, I ran far away from them.

Most over-rated tire company in the World in my, not so humble, opinion.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Pirelli Sotozero these are the winter tires I am running...yes they were very good in the snow. Be careful Not to drive on any summer tire during the cold weather months. You will be asking for trouble due to the compound becoming too hard.
Sotozeros are designed with multiple siping, and the soft touch needed to grip the snow. Other tire brands are out there for winter, but these are very good, and quiet as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts