Cobalts SS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my friend were pulling out of a lake erie beach. My friend was in a 07mustang gt and i was in my balt. A mazda 6 pulled up next to me at the stop sign and i was not looking towards him then when i stared to go i hear someone peeling out next to me. I looked over and he was looking at me. so i gunned it i pulled away to 1 car length and it stayed like that then we came up to 2 cars and had to weave. My friend comes up and passes both of us and then we hit a red light and had to stop. that was my first race and had some fun. :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
wow you beat a mazda6 by only a car.....was it the v6 or the 4 cylinder???
before your assinine sarcastic comment you should of asked what he drove because there are 3 types of cobalts. a 2.2l, a 2.4L and a 2.0lsj. If it was an LSJ, I am sorry, but that is pathetic and the drivers mod needs work, but if it was a non forced inducted car then I give him the :thumbsup:

·
Registered
169 Posts
shouldnt the GT mustang flying past them have given that away lol
i know the gt is a lil faster then the lsj but it wont blow its doors off
anyway good kill bro

·
Registered
141 Posts
In a short sprint, it would be very close if the GT was stock. 1/4 mile might be .3 or .4 faster. Stage 2 on the Cobalt though, bout the same 1/4 mile

·
Registered
141 Posts
indeed, GT's have very good top end and shitty low end. That's why they would out run us in a long sprint, but ina short distance, the ss/sc(stock) has alot of torque and can keep up with them V8's. Stage 2 ss/sc up's hp (top end) so the race would be close

·
Registered
143 Posts
indeed, GT's have very good top end and shitty low end. That's why they would out run us in a long sprint, but ina short distance, the ss/sc(stock) has alot of torque and can keep up with them V8's. Stage 2 ss/sc up's hp (top end) so the race would be close
i've ran a few GT's in my car and have seen the opposite. normally i give them the hit and steadily pull them in, by the time i hit 4th @ 90 i freight train them

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would agree that the "new" GT's are nothin to mess with, I should have clarified what i was talkin about. I was kinda talkin about the generation before the ones now from like 96-04 when they were only rated at 215, 225 and 260 hp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts