Cobalts SS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now figured it out! My 2006 SS/SC is a chilly willy! When I first start it up and dont let it warm up too good, it will almost stall going into 2nd. It almost reminds me of my Camaro that is carbureted, you have to let it warm up before you even pull it into 1st. Anyways, I believe our stock airbox may fix that problem, but I now let it warm up to about 120-130 before I pull out. Funny thing is, no CELs, only a stutter in 2nd.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone know if thats not good for a cobalt ss, to almost stall when it is cold. Is it because of the supercharger, because i know that most require some time to warm-up, my cobalt ss does the same thing in most mornings under 60 or so degrees. Anyone have ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have the same exact problem (if you can call it a problem)

2nd gear stutters terrible upon cold runs. The solution is simple. Just make sure your "coolant temperature" is at least 70 degrees or more before even putting the car in gear. That way, the engine is around room temperature and there should be no stuttering.

It takes about 1-2 minutes, about the time it takes to get your AC/heater and radio where you want it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same here i've even posted about it before.
I have to pull out on the hiway out of the parling lot here at work and it stumbles.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
never noticed it til now,
i had the same problem at first, when i bought it, it didnt like second gear it studdered. i have different tires on and it seemed to go away after that
if all of you have the pirellis thats your problem.
they dont grip well at all
theyre probably losing traction and giving you the shudder feeling

·
Registered
109 Posts
ya, here and there mine spudders when i first start it. i usually let it warm up at an idle for about a min and then givie it a couple real quick blips. after that it seems ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts