Cobalts SS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone knows? Can GM determine that you've switched computers? I want to buy a new computer, tune it and keep the factory computer unchanged incase I would need to go to the dealer for service.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Because they designed and engineered the car.

This has been discussed numerous times. It all depends on what your bringing your car to the dealer for. If you want a custom tune, then make sure you get a good one so you dont break anything. If your window wont roll up, they wont void your warranty because you have a not stock pcm.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Actually they cannot!

if you buy it from a person that can reprogram your VIN# into said ECM then you just unplug the old one and plug in the new one and VIOLA' your golden.

It's a trick us LNF guys are using to keep our warranties. (well not me I don't care, but others are)

Now if you buy said a tuned ECM from OTTP, ZZP, etc. Then yes they can tell! But if you get a STOCK...OE... Factory ECM reprogrammed to your VIN then they cannot tell the difference!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Actually they cannot!

if you buy it from a person that can reprogram your VIN# into said ECM then you just unplug the old one and plug in the new one and VIOLA' your golden.

It's a trick us LNF guys are using to keep our warranties. (well not me I don't care, but others are)

Now if you buy said a tuned ECM from OTTP, ZZP, etc. Then yes they can tell! But if you get a STOCK...OE... Factory ECM reprogrammed to your VIN then they cannot tell the difference!
and who can do that? pm me

·
Registered
89 Posts
They will wonder what happened to the ECM that was in the car when it was built . It has a serial number that is on the Vehicle Componet sheet in GMVIS . All they have to do is put your VIN in and get the original's SN then compare it to whats in the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
why not buy a second ecm and tune that one? just leave your stock one alone so if something happens you just put that back in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts