Cobalts SS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned in another thread, people are saying it does not come with heated seats. On GM canada's website, it says is comes with heated seats. Can anyone confirm either way which is correct? Also, has anyone recieved a block heater in there SS? Again, its not listed as an option on the canadian website for the SS.

Jason

·
Registered
309 Posts
Normally for GM Canada cars, it comes standard. Easiest way to tell if you own one is to find the block heater cord usually stuffed around your headlight assembly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
XeroState said:
Normally for GM Canada cars, it comes standard. Easiest way to tell if you own one is to find the block heater cord usually stuffed around your headlight assembly.

I agree, on the gmcanada website, its not listed as an option for the SS. Weird. Time will tell I guess!

·
Registered
385 Posts
The block heater may be a dealer installed accessory. And I have seen heated leather seats listed for the standard Cobalt, but not for teh SS on the US site.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Well it'd be pretty easy to see if it comes with one. Any canadian with one, pop your hood and look, I mean the cord ain't subtle by any means. On my redline it was stuffed behind the driver side headlamp (well, behind and to the side a bit) but it wasn't an option I had, it was either get the car with it, or buy the car from the US without it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
ExHondaMan said:
No heated seats available in US.. Only canada on the SS ... I believe block heater is standard in canada too ..
Maybe not in AZ, but I believe my neighbor's Cobalt SS has heated leather in the non-Recaro interior.

You could always get this. Seat heater kit from ZZP and EasyPerformance. To heat two seats, two are required. OEM-look switch is optional.

·
Registered
309 Posts
ExHondaMan said:
No heated seats available in US.. Only canada on the SS ... I believe block heater is standard in canada too ..
Well it kinda of sucks that it isn't avalible in the states, I mean there are some states that get pretty cold in winter. Being avalible in canada is a must, as the majority of the country (excluding western bc) gets, well, to around -30*C on a daily basis with some places going down below -50*C without the wind (like my city.....) and with windchill, it nears -70*C somedays (extreme, but we can expect it at least once a year). And the block heater BETTER be standard or GM Canada made a mistake...lol.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just checked my GM Canada order guides....The SS/SC doesnt come with heated seats. You can get heated leather seats on the SS though. The engine block heater is standard on every Cobalt in Canada, except the SS/SC.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I put every option into my LS and it's got heated leather seats as well as the heater, but I know I saw this argument on CobaltSS.net as well. Seems that there are inconsitencies between what is in the Cobalt brochure and what is online as well, ie. 16" rims being included with sports package but they really aren't.

Permafried-

·
Registered
1 Posts
XeroState said:
Well it kinda of sucks that it isn't avalible in the states, I mean there are some states that get pretty cold in winter. Being avalible in canada is a must, as the majority of the country (excluding western bc) gets, well, to around -30*C on a daily basis with some places going down below -50*C without the wind (like my city.....) and with windchill, it nears -70*C somedays (extreme, but we can expect it at least once a year). And the block heater BETTER be standard or GM Canada made a mistake...lol.
Dudde that's some cold weather. I've never seen numbers that low here in BC, maybe just south of the Yukon but not in the south.

Does anyone from BC on here have an engine block heater? All the Cobalt's at the dealership my father works at DO NOT have an engine heater. You simply don't need it in this area.

As for the heated seats, you cannot get them in the SS/SC no matter what anyone says. The normal 2.4L SS can get them, as can the base model.

Do I really only have 1 post on this forum? wtf where have I been?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Enjoying your yearly nice weather you hot air stealing province you!!!!....lol. Oh and if you don't like cold, never and I mean NEVER come to Sask or Man in Jan to March. It gets scary cold, but we've adapted and now when its -30*C out, thats a sweater and thin pants for us...well us teenage guys anyways.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts