Cobalts SS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go to install my short antenna I just bought and I try and take the stock off and it appears to be on so tight. Well as I am trying the part on the inside of the trunk comes lose from the bracket and now it is just spinning so I pull the whole thing out and use 2 sets of pliers to get the stock one off and I see the reason it was so hard is because the screw is rusted. So I am pissed because I can't get it to align back up right with the bracket on the inside so now my antenna is a little loose. I am going to pull it all out this weekend and just cold weld the bracket back to the part it is suppose to align with.

-Love how a 30 second job turns into a lot more. Damn the Hawaii Rain.

Sorry guys just wanted to vent

·
Registered
157 Posts
I know I would be pissed if that happened to me, but you have to park a new car in the garage mate, any car for that matter...car cover even, though sometimes that's too much work.

Where did you pick up that antenna?

·
Site Moderator
3,724 Posts
So I go to install my short antenna I just bought and I try and take the stock off and it appears to be on so tight. Well as I am trying the part on the inside of the trunk comes lose from the bracket and now it is just spinning so I pull the whole thing out and use 2 sets of pliers to get the stock one off and I see the reason it was so hard is because the screw is rusted. So I am pissed because I can't get it to align back up right with the bracket on the inside so now my antenna is a little loose. I am going to pull it all out this weekend and just cold weld the bracket back to the part it is suppose to align with.
My antenna's the opposite: it's too damn loose. Every couple of weeks or so I have to tighten it.

Damn the Hawaii Rain.
I could deal with a little rain if it meant living in Hawaii :cool:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CJ Thunder said:
I know I would be pissed if that happened to me, but you have to park a new car in the garage mate, any car for that matter...car cover even, though sometimes that's too much work.

Where did you pick up that antenna?
I think my wife picked it up at antennax.com or something along those lines. It was pretty cheap and seems ot be durable. Just have to make sure I get that piece cold welded this weekend because even though it isnt going to go anywhere, just knowing it isn't 100% right eats me up.LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts