Cobalts SS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have replaced speakers and some subs in my Cobalt. I am getting a new headunit soon and am going to be tweaking the front speakers again. I was wondering two things:

1- How do I go about taking apart the dashboard. I looked last time and couldn't figure out where to start so I didn't go any further with that.

2- When I last pulled apart the door I was able to get the b***om part pulled out but it was still connected at the top so I had to really struggle getting a screw driver in to install the new speakers. So I was wondering if anyone knew a better was to go about this.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
for the dash your going to have to pull off the trim and there a some screws there. after that i couldnt tell you man.

and the door. ur going to have to pull the handl off some how. I think theres a rivet to the motor of for the glass and past that i couldnt tell you.

I know thats not helpful but thats all i know.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried the other day pulling at the silver strips over the glovebox and they did not seem to budge at all. I stopped because it felt like I was going to break them off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
did you get the trim and door panel off?
i have pics of the back of them so you can see where the clips are. let me know and i will post them up

·
Registered
7 Posts
pull the kick panel off on the driver side. use something like a plastic knife and pry where the clips are at its may take some force but you will brake the knife before the clips

1 - 17 of 17 Posts