Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm on my way home yesterday night from the movies and a orange supra 93-02 body style pulls up next to me in my bolt ss/sc. It looked real nice. He starts reving it up and jumping back in forth on me. Hes looking over at me smieling and keeps looking over at his nice looking girl in the passenger seat. He then rolls down his window and actually says to me "want to get your ass handed to you by a real car" and looks over laughing with his girl. We finally hit a light and we both take off. I figured I would get slaughtered but I start leaving him rather baddly and I finally let off at around 100 where I have pulled 2 or 3 cars on him. I wonder what excuses he told his girl? Later I find out through one of my friends the kids supra isnt turbo charged, the engine is bone stock and an automatic. All he did to it was paint it orange and put rims on it to look like the supra in fast and the furius 1 and I guess he thinks that makes him fast. How pathetic is that? Have you all ever had something like this happen before?

·
Registered
169 Posts
i had a guy in a honda prelude (i kno its not a prestigious as a supra but it was still pretty nice) he passes me up on the highway and hes got a noisy exhaust i see a turbo intercooled sticker on his back bumper, im thinking if hes turboed im gonna be ****ed but i decided to go for it anyway i pull next to him and he revin at me a his girl is looking at me i drop to 3rd at about 75mph we both floor it and i put 2 1/2 cars by the end of 3rd i didnt see anything that would indicate him haveing a turbo (no FMIC) i slowed to let him catch uphe wanted to go again we slowed to 70 and i left it in 4th he pulled about 1/2 car off the start and holds it till about 90 as i get along side him i wink at his girl and pull 3 cars on him by 125. i slowed down again to tell him good race but all i get is a fly bye

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
i had a guy in a honda prelude (i kno its not a prestigious as a supra but it was still pretty nice) he passes me up on the highway and hes got a noisy exhaust i see a turbo intercooled sticker on his back bumper, im thinking if hes turboed im gonna be ****ed but i decided to go for it anyway i pull next to him and he revin at me a his girl is looking at me i drop to 3rd at about 75mph we both floor it and i put 2 1/2 cars by the end of 3rd i didnt see anything that would indicate him haveing a turbo (no FMIC) i slowed to let him catch uphe wanted to go again we slowed to 70 and i left it in 4th he pulled about 1/2 car off the start and holds it till about 90 as i get along side him i wink at his girl and pull 3 cars on him by 125. i slowed down again to tell him good race but all i get is a fly bye
just think if you had stage 2, he would see nothing but total taillights...

·
Registered
81 Posts
so you dropped to 3rd at 75 and pulled 2 and a half cars buy the top of 3rd? the top of 3rd in my car is like 80. was he moving when you dropped a gear?!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
so you dropped to 3rd at 75 and pulled 2 and a half cars buy the top of 3rd? the top of 3rd in my car is like 80. was he moving when you dropped a gear?!
Your gearing really sucks if you can only get to 80 before you have to shift to 4th. I can get to 90/95 before I have to shift. I haven't done anything special to my car either. Only have CAI plus appearance mods. Sorry, not trying to be a dick, just stating fact.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well either way its still great to hear about a guy thinking hes bad in a modded prelude and get spanked by a stock bolt ss/sc

·
Registered
169 Posts
when i said top i meant end of 3rd wich for my is about is like 95-100 and 4th gear takes me right up to about 125-130

·
Registered
224 Posts
So i'm on my way home yesterday night from the movies and a orange supra 93-02 body style pulls up next to me
i'm pretty sure they had the boxxy look to them until 93...in 94 they changed to the last gen style, which they kept, until the late 90's (98 maybe 99) when they then CEASED to exist

someone give me real factual information, i'm not gonna verify it with anything solid, eF research and google

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
i'm pretty sure they had the boxxy look to them until 93...in 94 they changed to the last gen style, which they kept, until the late 90's (98 maybe 99) when they then CEASED to exist

someone give me real factual information, i'm not gonna verify it with anything solid, eF research and google
That sounds about right. I started selling Toyota right out of high school in 98 and remember talking about how the Supra was at an end. I think 98/99 was the end of it. My dealership never had one on the lot. Probably because nobody was buying it and all the rage was about the new V8 that was introduced in the Land Cruiser.

Can't wait to see the new Supra I've been hearing about. I heard a rumor that it is supposed to have a v8.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yah I heard about the v8 also but I hope they come out with another v6 turbo for it. Thats what made the supra great.

·
Registered
382 Posts

meh, not important; we all know what kind of supra he's talking about :p

·
Registered
784 Posts
Yah I heard about the v8 also but I hope they come out with another v6 turbo for it. Thats what made the supra great.
nope, no V8 or V10 its a twin turbo 6 or single turbo 6 , or n/a 6 all running the 3800 motor just newer, and the new GT-R is going to run the inline 6TT very much like the RB26DETT motor

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats going to be a graet car if they do the 6 turbo charged again. Is it still going to be rear wheel? Has anyone heard any price margins yet?

Oh and by the way they did have that body style supra from 93-02 they may have tweeked a couple little things on it but overall it was the same body.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yea the new body supra started in 93 like rben said... The supra, skyline, and rx7 stopped production in 2002.. All 3 were very nice cars, shouldnt have stopped producing them..

·
Registered
784 Posts
Thats going to be a graet car if they do the 6 turbo charged again. Is it still going to be rear wheel? Has anyone heard any price margins yet?

Oh and by the way they did have that body style supra from 93-02 they may have tweeked a couple little things on it but overall it was the same body.
from what ive seen and heard it going to be very much the same as the 98/99 just blockier in style, and yes rwd!!! As price goes ive heard 65,000 to 70,000, but i hope its lower

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yah 65k is way to much. Hopefully they will get into the 35k range. That would be great if they could. I might have to trade in the ss/sc for one if its around 35k.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
you mean a straight six... thats what made the supra great.

·
Registered
224 Posts
from what ive seen and heard it going to be very much the same as the 98/99 just blockier in style, and yes rwd!!! As price goes ive heard 65,000 to 70,000, but i hope its lower
yeah, i heard it was a high priced car, aimed at a different demigraph (SP?) of buyers

personally i hope they charge100K for em......thats just that many less people who will be running around in new supras wooping my ass

1 - 20 of 25 Posts