Cobalts SS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok people here is the issue that I am having. I have perfomance mods on my 06 COBALT SS SC and I am expereincing clutch slippage when I get into boost. I am pushing about 18 psi of boost. I can roll into the throttle in 2nd gear and the clutch slips pretty bad and also slips into 3rd and I don't power shift this car at all. I have been looking at clutch KITS for about 3 days and I am totally lost on which one to get. I know that it all depends on the torque and hp the car is producing but I never would of thought that these kits would of cost this much. I have looked mainly at the ACT HDSS that is rated for 435 ft/lb torque which I know will be sufficient for what I have and plan on doing to the car. The kit is around $800 which includes the pressure plate flywheel and clutch disc. Looking for some input on suggestions and experience with after market clutches that you have had installed and how they feel. Thanks for looking at the forum and please post input on here have a good day.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I fell you pain ever to of my friends that have the same car same tune have already fryed their clutch im sure ill be in their boat. I found a nice stage 3 at modern preformance for 599 go to theri site and see if can find someting you like. Good luck on what ever decision you make and keep us posted

1 - 4 of 4 Posts