Cobalts SS banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all. Since we had such a great time last time I say do it again. But this weekend there is much more.

6 May, ROckey Mounatin SOLO #2. This is an individual road cone course. Nothing like drags. Just you and a stop watch navigating an ocean of orange road cones. It is all about manuevering, not speed. This will give you a chance to really see what your car can do in the handeling department. A very fun time. Average runs are about 1 minute long. This is up at Denver International Airport. But be there bright and early and bring a helmet (required but they have rentals). No SCCA members welcome but you pay $5 more. $40 I think.
Rockey Mounatin SOLO (SCCA)

Next up Bandimere Club Clash, Friday May 12. GAtes at 3pm, eliminations start at 7pm. You must be there and registered by 6:30 PM. So get off work and get your ass over there. Contact LittleSS (mike) for more details. As this is his idea. Price unknown, probably $30
Bandimere club clash 12May06

May 28th, World Arena Colorado Springs. SCCA SOLO #3. (See above)

This leaves the weekend of the 19th Open. I am thinking if we really want to make this a month long adventure (Provided we can all put up with each other that often), a cruise through the mountains. Since I am the new guy maybe someone can give some advice on this. Trail Ridge Road (Rocky Mountain National Park) Should be open but maybe not. I will look into that. And there is always any local neighborhood sonic (96 and Federal).

I want to get as many videos and pictures as possible this season too. At the end of the summer we will put it all together and make a video for everyone.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well you don't have to race. As long as you like good people, cars, conversation about oth of those, and a sunny day at the track you are more than welcome to come. We have a few people that show up in there SS?Redline but don't race. We could always use a cheering section. (and someone to take video and pics.) We spend 90% of the time just hanging out, talking, bbqing, gawking at cars and girls and not touching Kori's car.

·
Registered
347 Posts
dipolley said:
...... not touching Kori's car.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! be nice dave

·
Registered
367 Posts
10 bucks per person... I need to know who is coming for sure though cause ill have to borrow chairs If we dont want to do a buy-in and just play for fun thats cool too! Either way PLEASE RSVP by saturday at noon 720-210-3645 I know ill be cooking hot dogs and hamburgers but you are welcome to bring side dishes if you want.

·
Registered
174 Posts
A cruise would be cool.

Also, For anyone (Probably very few) who have an SS/SC or regular balt that are in high school the High School Drags are on the 29th at Bandamiere. Ill be there with my car for the first time. Hopefully with stage 2! OMG! Plaese come soon!

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
leviticus88 said:
A cruise would be cool.

Also, For anyone (Probably very few) who have an SS/SC or regular balt that are in high school the High School Drags are on the 29th at Bandamiere. Ill be there with my car for the first time. Hopefully with stage 2! OMG! Plaese come soon!
Good luck! If I can make it I'll get out there to cheer. I swear if my whole summer work schedule is like it has been I'm going to be severely dissapointed as I want to get out to bandi a few times this year.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have to work til 1pm and I have some other things to attend to but I'll try. I'll let you know tomarrow.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ok now i need to go check my times its 1149 and i just got home from doing the "SRI". What a difference it makes in that little car. Thanks again Mike and Dave. I notice the sound is there and as well as the kick in the powerband is almost unbelivable! Low on gas on the way home so i really didnt push it. But this upgrade will help my times out at the track. Tommarow (well today now) Mike and I are going to do the short shifter mod and next week i am going to get an exaust put on. Im sick of not hearing whats coming out of the car.

Oh and Mike the Gerbils are happy now...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wyoming_bass said:
Oh and Mike the Gerbils are happy now...
You have to feed them what they like.

Yeah i had fun. It was that or watch reruns of Stargate. I was torn really.

I went for a short drive around Aurora to burn some gas down before tmrw (weight reduction, lol) found the street racers. There was a guy in a honda hatchbeck talking shit about how he ran a 15.5 and club clash. Asked me which car was mine and sneered and talked to someone else. Punk doesn't even know. HA. But none of them will show up tmrw. Apparently driving around road cones is not racing.

See you guys tmrw after the race. If you want to come out and watch it's free to spectate. Follow the link at the beginning of the thread.Here is what I am up against

D-Stock (DS) Drivers: 6

2006 Saturn Ion Redline (Black), Kumho Tires
2000 Audi S4 (Yellow)
2001 AUDI S4 (Black)
2004 Saturn Ion Redline (Electric Blue) <<<<<<<<< me
2004 Nissan Maxima (Taupe), Kumho Tires
2004 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX (RALLY BLUE), KUMHO Tires

1 - 18 of 18 Posts