Cobalts SS banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am getting a ss/sc cobalt soon and I have some questions. I have been lurking on forums for some information. The first thing I plan on doing is a heat exchanger but after that I want to add some power however I want to keep reliability and mpg good as well. I was thinking about swapping a 2.9 or 3.0 pulley. Wondering which you guys would recommend for a setup like this and which size injectors I would need. I would have it dynotuned. Also is the oversized belt tensioner offered okay or should I get a smaller belt? Thanks for any help guys, new here just trying to do some research before I do anything.

·
Registered
92 Posts
hey kinda late but i see noone else has really answered.. ive been doing pretty much the same research ur doing so let me try and shed some light maybe someone else who really knows can help out.. but as far as mpg goes. a 2.9 or 3.0 should keep it pretty good (if you stay off boost for the most part) but then again most pullys sizes should be that way.. you may notice a lil less mpg but probably not a huge difference.. with a 2.9 42lb injectors should be plunty. actually im pretty sure the stage 2 kit comes with 42lbs and and option of a 2.9 but is recommended that you get exhaust upgrades as well as cooling mods.. between the smaller belt and the tensioner i have no idea which is better. but if they offer the tensioner then i would say its fine. hope that helps. if you check out zzperformance.com they have a stae 2 kit and if you want to buy it all seperatly you can and just math what they give u.. or just buy the kit i think its up fo 229 right now.. good luck and let me know how it turns out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts