Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally got a test drive in a ss yesterday. and i must say i was not at all impressed. either the sales person did not know how to drive or the ss is slow as hell. more than likely it was the sales person(he said he had 100,000 miles of racing experience) well he drove like grandma on a sunday. i felt it pull hard once. and know there has been a shadow of doubt cast over me. i still want one dont get me wrong ill just have to mod it to make it fast. but i will defenatly drive one before i sign any papers and i will beat the hell out of it. my 170hp 92 camaro pull harder than this ss. but ill find out the truth when i get to test drive one. i do have one question. does it pull hard when you rip threw the gears, powershifting it, etc. does it throw you back in your seat?

ryan

·
Registered
43 Posts
its definitely faster than your V6 camaro. You have to get the RPMs up and let the boost kick in and it pulls really nicely.. i love the sound of the blower. How old are you?

·
Banned
200 Posts
His Camaro is a 305. I should know, I have a 91 RS with the 305, which is 170hp so he probably has the same motor.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Why would the sales guy not let you drive you must have only been 16. I went down to ramp chevy wit my uncle n he let us both test drive it. That car was neva driven harder. Later on that week i went to buy it. When you test drive it definately lay into it. it smokes the tires so bad. then powershift second it will definately lay rubber through second gear which i thought was amazing. enjoy it n definately buy one it is so fast.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Dont bag on him like that, who's to say he's not in his 20's or 30's or higher?! He never made any comment that was stupid or unfair, if I rode with a lame ass salesman that was steadily talkin shit about how great he was, then I wouldnt be impressed either!

·
Registered
64 Posts
it is illegal for us to talk to anyone under the age of 18 about buying a vehicle. the whole 18 and signing a contract thing, etc...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Autobiz said:
it is illegal for us to talk to anyone under the age of 18 about buying a vehicle. the whole 18 and signing a contract thing, etc...
What state has enacted this idiotic law?
I thought that this was a free country and that we could talk to whomever we want about whatever we want?
Although you cant (legally) sign a loan contract until you are 18 years old.

·
Registered
64 Posts
ZX1100F1 said:
What state has enacted this idiotic law?
I thought that this was a free country and that we could talk to whomever we want about whatever we want?
Although you cant (legally) sign a loan contract until you are 18 years old.
Wisconsin i know for sure, because it is soliciting a minor. it's not JUST talking about something. answering questions is providing reasoning to buying a product. Just like on sunday's. Salesmen can BE on the lot, but they cannot mention anything about the vehicle nor pricing. which is why most don't hang out even though it's the busiest day of the week

weird, but hey, the law.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Autobiz said:
Wisconsin i know for sure, because it is soliciting a minor. it's not JUST talking about something. answering questions is providing reasoning to buying a product. Just like on sunday's. Salesmen can BE on the lot, but they cannot mention anything about the vehicle nor pricing. which is why most don't hang out even though it's the busiest day of the week

weird, but hey, the law.
wisconsin must suck! :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
i got back from mammoth mountain in Cali mid january. snowboard trip was awesome. perfect weather in mammoth, great people. come into LAX and it's 80*'s. come home, it's dreary/raining/sleet/etc... WI does suck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow we have shit talkers in here and by the way im 18. and my camaro pulls harder than the cobalt ss. its a 305(stock). anyways my 70 chevelle will walk any cobalt out there. and there dealership is up tight about people driving them. ill just stick with v8's. sorry if i hurt anyones feelings but im used to driving high horsepower cars. like supra's, corvettes, and occations a ferrari.
and if i do get a cobalt ss ill make just drop a ls2 in it or something so it doesnt trash the ss haritage.

·
Registered
59 Posts
bluebolttechss said:
wow we have shit talkers in here and by the way im 18. and my camaro pulls harder than the cobalt ss. its a 305(stock). anyways my 70 chevelle will walk any cobalt out there. and there dealership is up tight about people driving them. ill just stick with v8's. sorry if i hurt anyones feelings but im used to driving high horsepower cars. like supra's, corvettes, and occations a ferrari.
and if i do get a cobalt ss ill make just drop a ls2 in it or something so it doesnt trash the ss haritage.
I think that most people were going to guess that you were 18 based on the content of your post, but thanks for stating the obvious.

Please stick to your Ferrari's and Toyota products and leave this forum alone. But hey, maybe you could just drop an LS2 in a Cobalt. It may be easier to drop an LS2 on a Cobalt than into one, however.

·
Registered
32 Posts
bluebolttechss said:
My oh my you do talk BS dont you.By the way all v8s will not outrun a cobalt ss this includes some v8 camaros and mustangs in certain years and I do believe some corvettes in the late 70s had less HP than the cobalt.

·
Registered
241 Posts
bluebolttechss said:
Hahaha.... ok. Please stick with your overrated outdated V8's. We wouldnt want someone in the community who is a self-hating owner.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow all 4 banger owners are arogant. oh well. i was more than likely going ot be the first person to put a ss in the 12's.(guess ill have to stick my t70 on something worthwhile like an ls1) but ill leave 12's second ss to you. v8's outdated? so 4 baggers are the hot new ticket. then why dont you see 4 second 4 baggers? oh wait you dont. because it cant happen. no replacemetn for displacement. what you spend on a 4 bagger to make it fast i can spend half that and reap 2x the power with a v8. but dont get me wrong i thought the ss was cool. until i got a ride in one. first impressions are the most important.

·
Registered
80 Posts
bluebolttechss said:
wow all 4 banger owners are arogant. oh well. i was more than likely going ot be the first person to put a ss in the 12's.(guess ill have to stick my t70 on something worthwhile like an ls1) but ill leave 12's second ss to you. v8's outdated? so 4 baggers are the hot new ticket. then why dont you see 4 second 4 baggers? oh wait you dont. because it cant happen. no replacemetn for displacement. what you spend on a 4 bagger to make it fast i can spend half that and reap 2x the power with a v8. but dont get me wrong i thought the ss was cool. until i got a ride in one. first impressions are the most important.

The arogant people as you call them are saying things like this because you are on THIS site....a site for a 4 cylinder car.

The whole arguement with the $ for $ thing is pretty retarded. If you want to get into that aspect we can. What is your judge of 2x the power? Being 18 and uneducated with the automotive world could come back to bite you in the ass. There are a few of use out there that know what the hell we are talking about.

If you want to continue to troll and talk down to the people that are here to learn then you can be sent off to the circular file like the rest of the haters.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts