Cobalts SS banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder...if I were to put drag radials on my 09 SS/TC...would the tranny scream for me to stop...or could she handle it? Hmmmm? Anybody tried this? What kind of gains (E.T./60 ft.) gains did you see? Just curious. I have some extra money laying around now that the Trifecta tune rumors have sprung up. Any info?

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
I think you could get away with drag radials, I am sure folks will say that you might break a axle, slicks are more prone to do so then drag radials though its always possible, IMO, axel tramp or wheel hop has the potential to break a axel sooner then a drag radial, in fact, drag radials can help prevent dreaded wheel hop. I am seeing your time of a [email protected] I am guessing your 60ft is around a 2.3 - 2.4 or worse.... With drag radials I bet you might see a 2.0 and take good 1/2 off of that ET...

·
1,087 Posts
Don't be scared to use drag radials at all. As MT said, wheel hop will destroy your axles faster and eliminating it gives you a less chance. Do some traction bars, polyurethane motor mounts and front bushings, then you should be safe to run the slicks/drag radials for sure. I was actually looking into doing all this myself but drag is not my style to tell you the truth....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts