Cobalts SS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well yesterday at work i drove a 350z coupe with the 6 speed. i was pretty excited that i was finally able to drive one to see they are like. i have to be honest i was pretty disapointed. i guess its just because ive heard so much fuss about how awesome they are and eveything so i was expecting more than what it had to offer. the ride on the highway was terribale and the drivetrain had some serious vibration. acceleration was nice but it seemed like once in 4th it had no more power. the brakes felt really nice i like the brembos. this was the track model with the 300hp too. it seriously did not feel like 300hp and at 35,000 dollars i dont think is worth it. not very impressed with the interior either. has anyone else driven these? if you have what did you think?

·
Registered
543 Posts
yeah, one of my supervisors at work has a new 350z. I like the looks and all but I also was a little dissapointed after hearing the tons and tons of hype, and when I say dissapointed I only mean dissappointed for the amount of performance / $$$.
Styling is on que but if I am looking for a small performance vehicle that is what I want is performance, everything else comes last.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ive driven a couple of 350Zs... One stick one Auto ... The 6speed was a turd.. lots of road noise.. I also noticed a lot of driveline vibration or something coming from the car.. felt kind of clunky.. if that makes any sense...they might have 287hp or whatever they are rated at but to me it felt really slow... I might just be that typical jap engine thing... no torque all horsepower... I mean dont get me wrong if you just flogged the crap out of it... it would move pretty decent..
The auto i drove :rolleyes: not even worth mentioning!

·
Registered
543 Posts
ExHondaMan said:
Ive driven a couple of 350Zs... One stick one Auto ... The 6speed was a turd.. lots of road noise.. I also noticed a lot of driveline vibration or something coming from the car.. felt kind of clunky.. if that makes any sense...they might have 287hp or whatever they are rated at but to me it felt really slow... I might just be that typical jap engine thing... no torque all horsepower... I mean dont get me wrong if you just flogged the crap out of it... it would move pretty decent..
The auto i drove :rolleyes: not even worth mentioning!
This is how I felt, I mean the car itself was ok, but for around $30k+ I just expected more out of it and came up short. It is good for what it was made for I guess, which is a mix of performance/refinement and the family name being carried along adds a few bucks. Just me though if I wanted something really nice and quick w/ $30k+ to blow, then a used C5 would be sitting in my driveway as well.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I drove one, again lots of road noise and definitely no balls on the highway unless you dropped it to 3rd. The only thing it has going for it in my opinion over the cobalt is it is rear wheel drive. Although to take advantage or have fun with that the Traction Control has to be off. Couldn't even do a fast 0-60 time with the TC on. It would kill the engine when I chirped the tires going into second. Turn that baby off and the car burst right through that shift. That and you cannot do fishtails with it on. Like has been said before it is a fun car, but not as sweet as everyone makes it out to be or worth the money. Get a GTO and walk all over that thing.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have driven both 350z and G35 coupe and I think both are great cars. The 350 has a ton of potenial and the G35 is wicked looking. But for the money I wouldnt get one. You gotta realize that in canada a 350z and G35 start at $49k (300 hp model).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.