Cobalts SS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,648 Posts
Yeah, aftermarket. There aren't any out right now to my knowlege (may be wrong, just don't know of any) Those are probably just custom one-offs. You could have one done at almost any exhaust shop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,187 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
Yeah, aftermarket. There aren't any out right now to my knowlege (may be wrong, just don't know of any) Those are probably just custom one-offs. You could have one done at almost any exhaust shop.
Yeah but do you know if dual exhuast even is worth all of the money you spend on it because the is there any real performance pluses? All i can say it might give beter flow. :confused:

But on the other hand i like the look that they give to the car.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,648 Posts
Yeah the looks is the only real reason that I would get it. Having a four cyl, you dont need duals. They just look better to me thats all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Yeah... well a small compact looks better with a single exhaust outlet........the good thing GM did was to chenge the outlets on the GTO...now looks way lot better with the dual split exhaust...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
You could get an exhaust shop to rig up some dual pipes for you, no problem. You're correct that it's only for appearance, unless you reworked the entire exhaust from the manifold back, an extra pipe at the end ain't gonna do anything.

Bear in mind that there's only a cutout on one side of the bumper. So you'd have to cut the other side of the bumper to match, or buy an aftermarket bumper, or something...? Just make sure you get someone competent to do that, cause nothing looks as ghetto as a pipe hangin lower on one side than the other, not lining up with the bumper... :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Nice. Just don't rice it up too much. :D That mother of a spoiler they put on the SS from the factory is bad enough...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Really? Ew. I actually don't like the back end of the coupe all that much at all... the round tail light thing just doesn't work for me. Sedan looks way cleaner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,187 Posts
DanM said:
Really? Ew. I actually don't like the back end of the coupe all that much at all... the round tail light thing just doesn't work for me. Sedan looks way cleaner.
Well i like the round lights because it reminds me of the Vette witch it was suppost to have a Vette influence. (Sorry i can't spell today) :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
DanM said:
Nice. Just don't rice it up too much. :D That mother of a spoiler they put on the SS from the factory is bad enough...

I'm planning on them leaving it off of mine completely.

At least, if it's possible. I know the RL Ion's wing is installed at the dealership.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
what i really want is a wing that attaches to the trunk lid in at each end, rises off the lid about 2 1/2 inches and follows the same smooth body curve, down over the rear fenders about four inches.

It's kinda hard to explain what i mean exactly... Crap. Time to bust out MS Paint (I don't have photoshop, lol)
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top