Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MEAN NOTHING.

Stop using dyno numbers for bragging rights.
Stop comparing the whp numbers of SS's/RL's with the whp of other cars, because chances are they were dynoed on different dynos in different conditions, making any comparison null and void.
Stop saying "I cant wait to get a pulley/tuning/ect. and go to the dyno!" Unless you just want to see the difference the part made, dont bother. The whp you get will mean nothing.
Start going to the track and get 1/4 numbers. They mean more than WIDELY varying whp numbers everyone here seems to be using for bragging rights. Pretty sad when I read about more whp numbers than I do timeslips, especially when there is a thread dedicated to timeslips. WTF is up with that?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
MY GTP 8 U said:
MEAN NOTHING.

Stop comparing the whp numbers of SS's/RL's with the whp of other cars, because chances are they were dynoed on different dynos in different conditions, making any comparison null and void.
Stop saying "I cant wait to get a pulley/tuning/ect. and go to the dyno!" Unless you just want to see the difference the part made, dont bother. The whp you get will mean nothing.
At first I thought you were bashing the SS owners, LOL.

Start going to the track and get 1/4 numbers. They mean more than WIDELY varying whp numbers everyone here seems to be using for bragging rights. Pretty sad when I read about more whp numbers than I do timeslips, especially when there is a thread dedicated to timeslips. WTF is up with that?
Thanks.
But after that, I'm withya 100%

We need some timeslpis people. I back up the SS on other forums who try to bash it. I need some actual ET's to fully shut 'em up people ;)

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hate to say it, but I kind of am bashing SS owners, mainly cause I see so few people who are serious about their cars when it comes to legitimately racing them. Seems whp is all the rage right now :rolleyes:
But thanks for agreeing with the last part atleast :D

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I agree, but you gotta give it some time as well. Later on, they'll be more slips uploaded than this server can handle, LOL

All in due time. But for now, everyone shut up about your DYNO #'s. Save you money and instead, go run down the 1320 and brag about some low 14's.

I wonder who'll be the first SS in the 13's. Maybe it will be YOU!!! (talking to everyone who owns an SS and is reading this). Whatchya waiting for? GO!!!

LOL. Remember to break it in first though, ROFL

·
Registered
492 Posts
Unfortunately, even if our WHP numbers are on par with other cars, our 1/4 mile times aren't gonna be the same. Our car wasn't made for stright line speed, it was made for road racing. Not gonna "fully shut them up" till we get numbers there, for both cars.

·
Registered
498 Posts
lol I think my svt focus is a better road racer than my SS.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blue04RedLine said:
Unfortunately, even if our WHP numbers are on par with other cars, our 1/4 mile times aren't gonna be the same. Our car wasn't made for stright line speed, it was made for road racing. Not gonna "fully shut them up" till we get numbers there, for both cars.
Ok then I dont wanna see ANYONE try to talk about how great their SS was at the 1/4 or in a street race :rolleyes:
The Miata, 1st gen Neon ACR, and the S2000 are cars made more for handling than straight line speed. The SS/RL line WAS made for straight line speed as well as good handling, but it sure as fuck wasnt made to be a road courser. C'mon man, thats one of the weakest excuses in the book. If the SS was made for road racing it would be lighter, smaller, lower, equipped with a standard LSD, and probably have less power. Much like the Miata and 1st gen ACR. Any compact that runs low 14's is meant for mainly one thing: straight line racing.

·
Registered
492 Posts
MY GTP 8 U said:
Ok then I dont wanna see ANYONE try to talk about how great their SS was at the 1/4 or in a street race :rolleyes:
The Miata, 1st gen Neon ACR, and the S2000 are cars made more for handling than straight line speed. The SS/RL line WAS made for straight line speed as well as good handling, but it sure as fuck wasnt made to be a road courser. C'mon man, thats one of the weakest excuses in the book. If the SS was made for road racing it would be lighter, smaller, lower, equipped with a standard LSD, and probably have less power. Much like the Miata and 1st gen ACR. Any compact that runs low 14's is meant for mainly one thing: straight line racing.
Ever seen the car's gearing? Or driven one? If it were meant for straight line speed only, then our lower gears wouldn't suck so much ass on straight line acceleration (which is the reason you hear about more races that LSJ's have had to play catch up than not). And if the car wasn't meant to be used on road courses, then why are the brakes SOO good, and why did they bother tuning the car's suspension on the Nurbugring? They did it becacuse it wasn't meant to be a 1/4 mile beast. Thus the rationalle of going with a blower instead of a turbo, for torque and power down low, not all the way up high. It needs power coming out of turns. I wasn't making an excuse, I was pointing out a fact.

·
Registered
291 Posts
MY GTP 8 U said:
MEAN NOTHING.

Thanks.
your just kind of a dick to everyone aren't you? If you don't like it then don't hang out on this forum. Its a real simple solution. Every forum I am on from F-bodys to Focus' to Redlines talks about dyno numbers and uses them for comparisons. I think you need to pop 2 midol and wait out this obviously heavy flow day your having.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You know track conditions differ also....not just dyno's. So how about nobody post anything because results very dyno to dyno and dragstrip to dragstrip. OR HOW BOUT YOU STOP BEING A NAZI AND LET PEOPLE POST WHAT THEY WANT.

·
Registered
261 Posts
This guys been an ass since I started using this forum. Very opinionated, his way or the highway. I wouldn't put any weight into anything he says. He loves to spoot off and start shit. Typical GTP owner! Thinks his cars great but obvoiusly doesn't realize that anyone can drive a GTP. It has idiot proof traction control for, well idiots! Please go away, you rarely bring anything useful to this forum!

P.S. I love kicking the crap out of GTP's!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
selfinfliction said:
speaking of that... my friend claimed he had 300 hp in his gtp with pulley, chip, intake some other stuff and he dyno'd less than me lol... 9hp less to be exact :D
whoa now, don't bring up dyno numbers... we wouldn't want to offend the almighty gtp owner.

seriously, my gtp 8 u, either deal with it or leave.

·
Registered
231 Posts
iso said:
whoa now, don't bring up dyno numbers... we wouldn't want to offend the almighty gtp owner..
Since when's a GTP almighty? ;)

Back to the original post:

Dynos are a great way to measure things in a *controlled* environment, lots of quirks happen on a track with a street car and a casual driver (ie not running sub-10 in a dedicated car). Sure there are differences, Mustang dyno vs DynoJet for instance, but they're pretty well known and there are rough correction factors out there.

Whatever dude, let people measure how they want... if anything too fishy comes up there's a dedicated group just ready to raise the BS flag. If somebody posts results that are maybe a touch inflated compared to *your* dyno/conditions does it really make your wang any smaller?? That insecure are we??

·
Registered
79 Posts
MY GTP 8 U said:
MEAN NOTHING.

Thanks.

Go fuck yourself asshole. If you wanted race bring that POS GTP over I don't give a fuck. First of all dumbass dynojets are very accurate I have tuned cars from California to New York and they are all within 5hp. Dragstrip timelips have more variables than anything. Bottom line is SS owners or not really drag racers its not a drag car hell its not a racecar and if anybody thinks it is they are crazy. It just a econobox thats fun nothing more. Take your punkass off the site if you want to be a dick.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Dynos are just for tuning. It's funny how butthurt you guys get when someone says the truth. Keep up the good fight GTP. ;) :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cry baby

When i came to this forum I thought it said cobalt SS forum, not GTP forum. Correct me if i am wrong, otherwise go do your crying in a GTP forum.

·
Registered
232 Posts
wasey13 said:
Dynos are just for tuning. It's funny how butthurt you guys get when someone says the truth. Keep up the good fight GTP. ;) :D
They may be... BUT wouldnt you agree track times vary just as much ? ? I mean you drag race... you should know... One track your running low 14s... next week with slightly different weather/track conditions... your running high 14s/low 15s and your 60s are sucking ass..... Neither is a very good gauge unless they have a starting and ending point with a decent amount of data in the middle...

1 - 20 of 85 Posts